- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ghee (clarified butter) or melted butter
- 10 slices of bread
- Grease a 9X13 inch baking dish and set aside.
- Beat eggs until they are light, frothy and evenly colored.
- Add in milk and vanilla essence and mix well.
- Dip a slice of bread into mixture making sure both sides are evenly soaked and place the bread slices in the greased baking dish. It is okay to overlap the bread slices. Repeat the process with the remaining bread slices. Pour the remaining batter on top.
- Cover the baking dish and refrigerate it overnight.
- When you are ready to make French Toast next morning, preheat the oven to 375 F degrees.Remove the cover from the baking dish after taking it out from the refrigerator.
- Sprinkle the bread slices with brown sugar and melted butter or ghee.
- Bake the dish for 25 minutes and broil it for a minute or two if you like the bread to be crusty.
- Serve hot with maple syrup.
I would love to hear from you on how this recipe for Baked French Toast worked out for you. If you have a make ahead breakfast recipe that you love, please share the recipe with me in the comments below.