It is a typical winter morning but only thing different today..scratch that..the two things different today is I was able to make a perfect cup of Chai Latte and I am typing this blog on my new Mac..(read struggling.) I will probably save sharing my struggles with you some other day..for today I will focus on my Chai Latte. I am not much of a coffee drinker but I can always enjoy a cup of Starbucks Chai Latte on a cold morning like today. If you are already a tea drinker and a maker, you can master this recipe in no time..all it needs is the Ikea stirrer and a few spices thrown in. Enjoy!
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons tea powder or 2 tea bags
- 1 teaspoon finely grated ginger (optional)
- 2-3 green cardamom / elaichi (optional)
- 2 teaspoon sugar or to taste
- 3-4 cloves
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 3/4 cup milk
- Ikea stirrer
- Pound the spices (cardamom, cinnamon and cloves) once or twice using a pestle. (You are not grinding them to a powder just pounding enough to get the spices to release the aroma)
- In a saucepan, add water, spices, ginger and sugar and bring them to boil. When the water starts to boil, add the tea leaves and take it off heat. Let the tea steep in for 5 minutes.
- Add hot milk and use a stirrer to get it to froth. Serve hot