White Chocolate Chip Cookie
Author: Simmer to Slimmer
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted sweet cream butter, room temperature
- ½ cup packed dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup (about 6 ounces) white chocolate chip morsels
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, cornstarch and baking soda.
- Set up an electric mixer with the paddle attachment.Add butter (microwaved for 10 seconds) followed by both sugars.Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy. Stop and scrape as needed.
- Reduce speed to low; add vanilla and eggs and beat till they are combined.
- Add the flour mixture and mix unti they are combined (don't overdo it - maybe for a minute)
- Add the chocolate chips and mix them for 15 seconds. You are ready to bake.
- Line a cookie baking sheet with parchment paper;Use an icecream spoon to scoop cookie dough and place them around 2 inches apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until the cookies start to brown lightly around the edges (Ovens differ - so start checking on the cookies around 8 minutes)
- Remove the cookies from the oven;transfer to a wire rack and let them cool completely (approximately 5-6 minutes) before chomping them down :)
Recipe by Simmer to Slimmer at http://simmertoslimmer.com/white-chocolate-chip-cookie/