Author: Simmer to Slimmer
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 2 tablespoon oil for shallow frying
- 10 slices of bread
- Serve with butter
- Beat eggs with a mixer, blender, beater or whisk until they are light, frothy and evenly colored.
- Add in milk, sugar, vanilla essence and mix well.
- Over medium-high heat, add a tablespoon of oil and ½ teaspoon of ghee to a shallow frying pan.
- Dip a slice of bread into mixture making sure both sides are evenly soaked.
- Fry on both sides until they are browned and cooked through. Repeat the process and add oil / ghee as needed.
- Serve hot with butter.
Recipe by Simmer to Slimmer at http://simmertoslimmer.com/french-toast/