Eggless Chocolate Cake
Author: Simmer to Slimmer
Recipe type: Dessert
Makes: 9 pieces
- 1⅔ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cold water
- ½ cup miniature chocolate chips (optional)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- In an ungreased 8-inch square pan,sift flour, brown sugar, salt, soda, and cocoa. Mix them until they are blended together.
- Stir in the remaining wet ingredients - water ,oil, vinegar and vanilla extract. Use a spatula to blend the ingredients in and spread the batter evenly.
- Sprinkle the batter with chocolate chips and granulated sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 35 to 40 minutes, or until tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool the pan in a cooling rack for 15 minutes and serve warm
Recipe by Simmer to Slimmer at http://simmertoslimmer.com/eggless-chocolate-cake/