- 1 cup sweetened mango pulp
- 15 ounces Ricotta cheese
- 14 ounces can of sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped almonds / pistachios / cashews
- 2 teaspoon ghee
- A pinch of powdered cardamom
- In a microwave safe dish, mix the Mango pulp, Ricotta Cheese,Sugar and Condensed Milk well to remove any lumps.
- Place the dish in the microwave and cook it for 5 minutes uncovered.
- Take the mixture out and mix well.Cook it in the microwave for 3 more minutes.
- Microwave for 3 minutes, covered. Stir well.
- Put it back in the microwave for 2 minutes, take out and mix. Repeat this process (microwaving it for 2 minutes and mixing) 2 more times, each time mixing it well.
- Add in ½ of the chopped almonds (or any other nut) and powdered cardamom (if using) and mix well again.
- Transfer the mixture in a 9X9 pan and use the back of your spoon to flatten the mixture.
- Sprinkle the remaining chopped almonds and press them into the mixture.
- Let it cool (around 10 minutes) and cut into squares.
- When it is completely cold, separate the squares and store in the refrigerator. Consume it in 2-3 days.
Recipe by Simmer to Slimmer at http://simmertoslimmer.com/mango-kalakand/