Double Ka Meetha
Author: Simmer to Slimmer
Recipe type: Dessert
- 8 slices of bread
- 3 tablespoons of ghee
- 1 - 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk (1-1/4 cup)
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ cup mixed nuts (almonds, cashews, walnuts, raisins, pistachios etc)
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom powder
- Trim the edges of bread slices and cut the bread slices diagonally into half. (Note: I did not trim them - it is an optional step)
- Heat the pan on medium heat and add a tablespoon of ghee. Fry the bread slices (in batches using 1 tablespoon of ghee at a time) till golden brown.Arrange the bread in a shallow microwaveable dish.
- Combine the milk, condensed milk,cardamom powder and sugar and mix well.
- Add the milk mixture to the bread and microwave the dish between 6 - 8 minutes till all the milk is absorbed.(Note: Microwave in 2 minute increments and check on the bread mixture)
- Fry the nuts in a tablespoon of ghee on medium heat and garnish the bread with the fried nuts.
- Serve warm.
Recipe by Simmer to Slimmer at http://simmertoslimmer.com/double-ka-meetha/