Blueberry Yogurt Muffins
Author: Simmer to Slimmer
Makes: 6 muffins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons evaporated milk or whole milk
- ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients - flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Set it aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the beaten egg, yogurt, oil and milk. Add in the dry ingredients and combine them until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips (if using) and half the blueberries.
- Use an ice cream scoop or a spoon to add the mixture to greased muffin pans or paper lined muffin cups. Add the remaining ¼ cup of berries on top of the muffins and press them down lightly.
- Place into the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Let it cool for 5 minutes before removing them from pan to a wire rack.
- Serve immediately or store in airtight container for 2 to 3 days.
Recipe by Simmer to Slimmer at http://simmertoslimmer.com/blueberry-yogurt-muffins/