Author: Simmer to Slimmer
Recipe type: Dessert
Makes: ~15 scoops
- 1 pint or 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 can (14 ounces) condensed milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 cups mango puree (~ made from 4 mangoes)
- Sugar as needed (if mango puree is not sweet enough)
- 2 tablespoons mango chopped, into small bits (optional)
- Whisk together all 3 ingredients in a stand-in mixer or a hand held mixer for 6-8 minutes till the mixture is thick and creamy.(The mixture should NOT be runny).
- Add the mango puree, sugar (if using) and chopped mango mixture (if using) to the ice-cream mixture and gently blend it in with a spoon till well combined.
- Transfer to an airtight freezer container and freeze the ice cream mixture for 6-8 hours
- Let the ice cream sit on the counter top for 2 -3 minutes before serving.
Recipe by Simmer to Slimmer at http://simmertoslimmer.com/mango-ice-cream/