If you are new to baking and would like to start off with a simple fail-proof recipe for Eggless Chocolate Cake, you have come to the right place. I have tried various versions of this recipe and liked this one the best. The reasons being that there aren’t too many ingredients involved, its a simple recipe and you can use the same pan to mix the ingredients and bake it – no muss no fuss.
Some important things to note
- The cake has a dense structure, almost like a Brownie.
- This cake is best cooled and frosted(if you plan to) in the baking pan. I partially cooled the cake and wanted to remove the cake from the pan and it broke. It was not this exact recipe but a similar eggless one. So, I would advise against it unless you are an experienced baker and know what you are doing. I am just getting started with baking and I wanted to play it safe this time.
- Also, this cake is not very sweet – perfect for pairing it with some Vanilla ice cream. P.S: Make sure the cake is warm.
This recipe for Eggless Chocolate Cake has been adapted from Betty Crocker’s Chocolate Chip Snack Cake recipe.
Recipe for no muss- no fuss Eggless Chocolate Cake!
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips (optional)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- In an ungreased 8-inch square pan,sift flour, brown sugar, salt, soda, and cocoa. Mix them until they are blended together.
- Stir in the remaining wet ingredients – water ,oil, vinegar and vanilla extract. Use a spatula to blend the ingredients in and spread the batter evenly.
- Sprinkle the batter with chocolate chips and granulated sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 35 to 40 minutes, or until tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool the pan in a cooling rack for 15 minutes and serve warm