My kids love to chomp down biscuits / cookies for the evening snack. While that is only indulgence or junk food that they are allowed, I was still not happy about it and started to look for alternatives and that’s when mom suggested making laddoos! I know they loved the Rava laddoos I made a few months ago, so I decided to experiment a little and try another type – Godi laddoo or Wheat laddoo. These laddoos are made out of 3 key ingredients – wheat, ghee and sugar and you can make them in less than 30 minutes. This was my first time making them and I thought they came out pretty well. My little one agreed as well and confirmed by eating 2 laddoos without waiting for them to cool down and then asked for more :).
- 1 cup wheat flour (atta)
- ¾ cup ghee
- ¾ cup sugar, powdered (powder them in a grinder)
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom powder
- Heat ghee in a non stick pan at medium heat. Add the wheat flour and toast it till it darkens and becomes fragrant (~7-8 minutes). Add the sugar and cardamom powder, mix well and remove it from heat.
- Allow the mixture to cool down slightly. Shape them into laddoos or balls and set them aside in a plate to dry. If the laddoos are not shaping well or crumbling, grease your palms with ghee.
- Air dry the laddoos and store them in an air tight container