We wrapped up our spectacular weekend with a Harry Potter movie and some sweet and spicy popcorn. Here’s the recipe – perfect for a family of 4.Print
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ¼ cup unpopped popcorn kernels (about 3-4 cups of popped popcorn)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ tablespoon butter
- A pinch of salt
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- Heat oil in a deep saucepan over medium heat. Add popcorn kernels to oil and the kernels should begin popping in approximately 2 minutes. Shake the pan frequently without taking the cover off. Continue to cook till popping slows down (approximately in 2 minutes) and then switch off the gas. Set the saucepan aside.
- In a small saucepan, add butter and when it begins to melt, add sugar, maple syrup, salt and chili powder. Bring the mixture to boil whilst stirring continuously. This should take approximately a minute. Switch of the gas and set the mixture aside to let it cool for a minute or so. Add this mixture to the popcorn and toss to coat.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and spread the popcorn onto the cookie sheet to cool out. Once the popcorn cools down, serve immediately or store it in an airtight container for a couple of days for future use.