Note: This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
If you have kids who like to cook, making Chex Party Mix is the perfect recipe for you to get them started. Every weekend, I have to find a cooking project that I can do with my little girl (also because I am not good with crafts). The good thing about creating a party mix is you don’t necessarily need to follow a recipe. You need a few basic things like the Chex cereals and butter, and you can add your own seasonings as you go along. I made two kinds here, one Spicy and Sweet and the other sweet. You can add a lot of different things to this mix, like M&M’s or yogurt-covered raisins…the possibilities are endless. I loved both versions I tried out, and they have kept me from starving during back-to-back calls at work and are much better than the vending machine snacks!
Chex Party Mix – Spicy and SweetPin Print SaveSaved! Email
- Mix the first five ingredients (cereals, nuts and pretzels) in a microwavable bowl and set aside.
- In a small microwavable bowl, add butter and heat it in a microwave for 30-40 seconds until melted. Add brown sugar, salt and chilli powder and mix well.Pour over the cereal mixture and mix until evenly coated.
- Microwave the mixture uncovered in a HIGH setting for 4-5 minutes. Make sure you stir every two minutes.
- Spread on paper towels to cool for approximately 10 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container.
Disclaimer: Approximate nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and can vary depending on the exact ingredients/brands used. If you have health issues, please work with a registered dietician or nutritionist.