Chicken tikka masala pizza – Pizza lovers here’s something new for you – combine your love for Indian food and pizza and make this Chicken Tikka masala pizza. All you need is 30 minutes and the oh-so-delicious four-cheese Table5 pizza to get you started! Be it a date night or game night, this pizza is perfect for times when you want to spend more time with your family and friends instead of slaving in the kitchen.
This post is written by me on behalf of Table5 pizza. This shop has been compensated by Mambo Sprouts and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
Before I dive into this delicious chicken tikka masala pizza recipe, let me explain what chicken tikka masala is.
What is chicken tikka masala?
Chicken tikka masala, a popular North-Indian dish is made by marinating chicken and grilling them before adding them to a spicy tomato-onion gravy.
I know what you are thinking. Making chicken tikka masala pizza sounds laborious and time-consuming. The chicken tikka masala would take about an hour and don’t even get me started on the pizza base.
Hold your horses! I promise you this family favorite chicken tikka masala pizza will not take you more than 30 minutes. Here’s how –
How to make chicken tikka masala pizza in 30 minutes?
The first step to making a delicious chicken tikka masala pizza is to pick a store-bought pizza that you know will taste great. Since you want it to taste like homemade pizza, I would strongly recommend Table5 pizza. Their handmade artisanal pizzas are created in small batches (in a kitchen, not a factory) using simple and fresh top-quality ingredients. Every bite of their cornmeal crust pizzas screams fresh and homemade and that makes it a perfect base for this chicken tikka masala pizza.
Table5 pizzas come in a variety of toppings but for our recipe, the four cheese pizza worked the best.
Now that we have picked a perfect base for our chicken tikka pizza, let’s focus on the topping – chicken tikka masala.There are 5 ingredients that you need
- Greek yogurt or thick yogurt
- Indian curry sauce (homemade) or store-bought tikka masala sauce
- Garam masala
- Fully cooked grilled chicken strips (store-bought)
- Sliced onions
- Mozzarella cheese
Mix the first 4 ingredients and spread it on the pizza. Garnish it with sliced onions and cheese. Bake it for 12-14 minutes and broil it for another 3 minutes and your pizza is ready!
Tester’s notes –
- You don’t need to thaw the pizza.
- Make sure you use thick yogurt because when you bake yogurt, it tends to release water. So the thicker the yogurt the better it is.
- You can also use leftover chicken tikka masala or paneer makhani as a topping for this pizza. If you decide to do that, don’t use a lot of the gravy just the chicken or paneer pieces to keep the liquid quotient down. Even leftover tandoori chicken would make a great topping.
Chicken Tikka Masala Pizza
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Place a pizza stone inside the oven.
- Mix the yogurt, curry sauce, garam masala, and salt to form a marinade. Taste the marinade and add more salt if needed. Add the chicken strips and coat them well. Spread them out on the top of the pizza and garnish with onion slices and cheese.
- Bake the pizza for about 12-14 minutes and broil on low for another 3 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves and serve immediately.
- If you are using storebought tikka masala, you may not need salt. Taste the marinade before you add chicken strips. Also, start with 1 tablespoon tikka masala sauce. Add more if needed.
- Don't need to thaw the pizza.
- Preferably use greek yogurt or thick yogurt
Disclaimer: Approximate Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and can vary depending on the exact ingredients/brands used. If you have health issues, please work with a registered dietician or nutritionist.
Why we love this chicken tikka pizza?
- The cornmeal crust is delicious and has a nice crunch to it. My kids who normally don’t eat their crust not only finished theirs but were begging for mine.
- Everything about this pizza feels good and homemade. Table5 does not skimp on quality- they make everything by hand, from scratch, with the freshest, non-GMO ingredients. The pizza tastes so fresh and delicious that you will forget it is storebought.
- Drizzle it with ketchup and you’ll feel like you are in pizza heaven. I sure felt like that.
Chicken tikka masala pizza is perfect for days when you want to dine in, make something special for your family or friends without spending hours in the kitchen. If you loved the recipe, please do leave a comment.