Note: This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Pizza lovers, here’s something new for you – combine your love for Indian food and pizza and make this Chicken Tikka masala pizza. Be it a date night or game night; this pizza is perfect for times when you want to spend more time with your family and friends instead of slaving in the kitchen.
Before I dive into this delicious chicken tikka masala pizza recipe, let me explain what chicken tikka masala is.
What is chicken tikka masala?
Chicken tikka masala, a popular North-Indian dish, is made by marinating chicken and grilling them before adding them to a spicy tomato-onion gravy.
I know what you are thinking. Making chicken tikka masala pizza sounds laborious and time-consuming. The chicken tikka masala would take about an hour, and don’t even get me started on the pizza base.
Hold your horses! I promise you this family-favorite chicken tikka masala pizza will not take you more than 30 minutes. Here’s how –
How to make chicken tikka masala pizza in 30 minutes?
The first step to making a delicious chicken tikka masala pizza is to pick a store-bought pizza that you know will taste great.
Now that we have picked a perfect base for our chicken tikka pizza let’s focus on the topping – chicken tikka masala. There are five ingredients that you need.
- Greek yogurt or thick yogurt
- Indian curry sauce (homemade) or store-bought tikka masala sauce
- Garam masala
- Fully cooked grilled chicken strips (store-bought)
- Sliced onions
- Mozzarella cheese
Mix the first four ingredients and spread them on the pizza. Garnish it with sliced onions and cheese. Bake it for 12-14 minutes (or as per manufacturer’s instructions) and broil it for another 3 minutes, and your pizza is ready!
Tester’s notes –
- You don’t need to thaw the pizza.
- Make sure you use thick yogurt because it tends to release water when you bake yogurt. So the thicker the yogurt, the better it is.
- You can also use leftover chicken tikka masala or paneer makhani as a topping for this pizza. If you decide to do that, don’t use a lot of the gravy, just the chicken or paneer pieces to keep the liquid quotient down. Even leftover tandoori chicken would make a great topping.
Chicken tikka masala pizza is perfect for days when you want to dine in, make something special for your family or friends without spending hours in the kitchen. If you loved the recipe, please do leave a comment.
Chicken Tikka Masala Pizza
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Place a pizza stone inside the oven.
- Mix the yogurt, curry sauce, garam masala, and salt to form a marinade. Taste the marinade and add more salt if needed. Add the chicken strips and coat them well. Spread them out on the top of the pizza and garnish with onion slices and cheese.
- Bake the pizza for about 12-14 minutes and broil on low for another 3 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves and serve immediately.
- If you are using storebought tikka masala, you may not need salt. Taste the marinade before you add chicken strips. Also, start with 1 tablespoon tikka masala sauce. Add more if needed.
- Don’t need to thaw the pizza.
- Preferably use greek yogurt or thick yogurt
Disclaimer: Approximate nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and can vary depending on the exact ingredients/brands used. If you have health issues, please work with a registered dietician or nutritionist.