Easy snack ideas that will help busy moms beat Monday morning blues and the much dreaded afternoon cravings.
This post is written by me on behalf of Walmart, Cascadian Farm and Annie’s.
Easy snack ideas – now who doesn’t want them?
When you are a busy working parent, there are never enough hours on the day. And with after-school activities, homework, and a mile-long list of items on the to-do list, there never seems enough time to plan out dinner, let alone your breakfast and snacks.
Breakfast and snacks are very important meals of the day – they not only keep you going but also, ensure that you don’t succumb to junk food for your lunch/dinner by keeping you satiated.
Let me run through some ideas with you that will help you stock your pantry for a stress-free breakfast and snack time.
Easy Breakfast and snack ideas for those dreaded Monday mornings (and evenings) –
- Cereal – We all love to feed our kids home cooked breakfasts but for days when kids are invariably late in the mornings, it is best to get their favorite cereal on the table. It is a much better and sensible idea than pushing them to eat an elaborate breakfast when they can barely keep their eyes open. My kids love Annie’s Organic Cocoa Bunnies cereal, so while they happily chomp it down every Monday morning, I savor my Cascadian Farm Organic Granola, Oats, and Honey Cereal. I love the fact that it is great tasting and organic too!
- Toast and fruit spread – Another great option is to grab a toast and slather it with your kids’ favorite fruit spread such as the Cascadian Farm® Organic Strawberry Fruit Spread or their Rasberry fruit spread.
- Granola bars – And if you are really really late in the morning, then grab a granola bar or two. We love the organic ones from Cascadian Farm. They have like 12 different varieties to choose from – my personal favorite is the sweet and salty pretzel and the kids, of course, love the chocolate chip one. It makes for a great after school snack as well.
- Other go-to snacks – Sometimes the kids are very famished on their way back, that’s why I always stock up on these natural and/or organic snacks every time I shop at Walmart –
- Organic Chocolate Milk – needs no introduction and kids love to chug it down after a long day at school.
Do you have any easy snack ideas that you would like to share with me? Please leave a comment and let us know.
Before you go, I have a question for you – where do you buy your snacks?
I love shopping online at Walmart. Did you know they offer Free grocery pickup? You can order fresh groceries online with the same-day pickup. They’ll even load your car. Perfect for busy moms! Just load your cart and your snacks/groceries are waiting for you!
Isn’t that awesome?
Go online at Walmart.com and check out that Free grocery pickup feature. And, while you are at it, load your cart with some great-tasting organic snacks from Cascadian Farms and Annies and banish those Monday blues forever!0