Note: This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Your kids will love this delicious Banana Nutella Smoothie Recipe – a healthy-ish drink made from bananas and milk with a hint of Nutella and hot cocoa.
When most kids come home from school, they are ravenously hungry. After spending 6-7 hours in school, they typically have an after-school activity to go to which leaves no to little time for them to grab something to eat.
That’s when smoothies save the day. Smoothies are great on the go, plus there are endless flavor combos that you can create to keep it interesting.
One of my favorite ingredients to make smoothies with are bananas. If you are like me you probably have a banana or two lying on the kitchen counter waiting to be rescued. You could always whip up banana bread from overripe bananas but having recently tasted a banana Nutella crepe at a cafe in NYC, those flavors were lingering on my mind. So on a whim, I decided to combine banana and Nutella along with milk and added a tad bit of cocoa powder to the mix and came up with this delicious, chocolatey banana Nutella smoothie.
The kids were overjoyed! Now, who doesn’t love Nutella? Instead of talking about the goodness of bananas in their smoothies, I told them it was a Nutella smoothie and they chugged it down in seconds.
How to make banana Nutella smoothie
Note – I add frozen bananas because when blended they turn into a creamy mixture, and you don’t need to add ice. If you don’t have frozen bananas handy, bananas kept at room temperature will do fine.
What makes this smoothie extra delicious? The hot cocoa mix. A few of our favorites are Ghiradelli double chocolate mix and the caramel sea salt cocoa that you can find in Kroger stores.
You can always turn this recipe into a banana Nutella milkshake by adding a dollop of ice cream but let me warn you – once the kids get the taste of ice cream in their smoothie, going back to the no ice-cream version can be hard 🙂
Looking for more smoothie ideas that your family will love? Here are my top picks –
- Kesar Pista Smoothie (Saffron Pistachios smoothie) – This smoothie combines saffron (kesar), pistachios (pista), with banana, cardamom, and milk to create a delicious and nutrient-rich drink that’s perfect for kids and as a post-workout drink.
- Papaya Mango Smoothie – This smoothie is loaded with vitamins and antioxidants and is the perfect way to start your day or recharge your body after an intense workout.
- Dry fruit smoothie – This smoothie is a great way to combine nutritious milk and dry fruits to create a wholesome meal for any time of the day. Make one today!
- Chocolate almond smoothie – This smoothie combines the goodness of bananas with nutrient-rich almonds and dates with a hint of cocoa to make this delectable smoothie.
- Strawberry banana smoothie – This delicious 4-ingredient gluten-free strawberry banana smoothie is perfect for busy families. Make it for breakfast or as an after-school snack – all you need is 5 minutes.
- This coffee walnut smoothie is the perfect solution for when you are debating between having coffee in the morning or chugging down a healthy smoothie.
- Chickoo (sapota) smoothie – This nutritious blended drink made from Date and Chikoo (Sapota) is a great treat for any time of the day – be it an after-school snack or a post-workout drink.
- Apple smoothie is a delicious way to start your day with the goodness of milk and apples and with no added sugar. It is ready in less than 5 minutes – now you have no reason to skip breakfast.
Got a new Instant Pot? Check out the links below to make the most of your pressure cooker -
Best Banana Nutella Smoothie Recipe
- 2 bananas, sliced into bite-sized chunks and frozen
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons Nutella or homemade hazelnut butter
- 2 teaspoons hot cocoa mix such as Ghiradelli's double chocolate or Kroger's Private Selection Sea Salt Caramel
- Add all the ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth
Disclosure: This recipe contains affiliate links to products we love and recommend. As an affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Disclaimer: Approximate Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and can vary depending on the exact ingredients/brands used. If you have health issues, please work with a registered dietician or nutritionist.