Note: This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This 15-minute grilled honey garlic salmon is perfect for days when you crave a fancy meal but don’t want to pay for it or spend hours making it. It is so finger-licking good that you’ll imagine you are in an upscale restaurant enjoying a gourmet meal.
I like to cook at leisure and savor every bite, so the whole idea of rushed dinners bugs me. The only way out of this is to come up with recipes that are not only quick to make but are so flavorful that you forget the drudgery of running on a schedule.
One such recipe that I came up with is the grilled honey garlic salmon.
The sweetness of the honey, and the tang from the lime juice, when combined with garlic and crushed red chili pepper, yields a tantalizing dish packed with flavor. One bite of this perfect, velvety piece of fish will make you believe that you are eating a gourmet meal in a fancy restaurant whilst sipping your favorite drink.
Don’t believe me; make it, and I will let you be the judge.
How to make grilled honey garlic salmon?
There are three ways you could make this grilled honey garlic salmon – using a grill pan (like I did), using an outdoor grill, or baking it in an oven. Note – Baking time for the salmon depends on its thickness. As a rule of thumb, for every half inch of salmon, bake it for 5-6 minutes.
After trying this grilled honey garlic salmon, you will totally get why I am raving about it. As the salmon cooks, all the flavors from the marinade get infused into it. The taste of garlic and rosemary combined with pepper and honey build layers of flavor that make this grilled salmon dish taste like a million bucks.
Grilled honey garlic salmon
- 1 lb salmon fillets
- ½ tablespoon lime juice
- 4-5 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red chili pepper
- 3 tablespoons honey
- salt as needed
- ½ teaspoon pepper or as needed
- a dash of dried rosemary leaves
- 2 tablespoons ghee clarified butter or olive oil
- lemon wedges crushed red chili pepper flakes, dried rosemary leaves for garnishing
- Thaw the salmon and pat it dry with a napkin and set it aside on a plate.
- Prepare the marinade using lime juice, minced garlic cloves, crushed red chili pepper, honey, salt, black pepper and dried rosemary leaves. Pour the marinade over the salmon and coat it completely with the marinade.
- In a grill pan, heat ghee or olive oil over medium heat. Place the salmon skin side down, pour the leftover marinade over it and cook for approximately 6 minutes over medium heat.
- Flip the salmon gently and place the lid. Cook for another 6 minutes or until done. At this point, the marinade thickens and forms a caramelized coating on the salmon. Switch off the heat.
- Before serving, spoon up the sauce from the pan and slather it on the salmon. Add a dash of lemon juice and garnish with crushed red chili pepper and dried rosemary leaves.
To bake the salmon in the oven
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Place the marinated salmon on the baking sheet.Transfer it to the oven.
- Bake it for 13-15 minutes until the fish flakes easily with a fork (see note above). Broil it for a quick minute on low if you like the top of the salmon crisp.
Disclaimer: Approximate nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and can vary depending on the exact ingredients/brands used. If you have health issues, please work with a registered dietician or nutritionist.