We live in a world where everyone wants everything instantly be it money, fame or food. No wonder fast food companies are in so much demand. How about a 5 minute dessert – an Instant Chocolate Cake? using only a microwave, whisk, bowl and a few ingredients. Sounds AWESOME! Before you jump off to the recipe, I would like to let you know that this cake’s texture is dense but it is still very yummylicious! If you have chocolate cravings like I do (sometimes in the middle of the night), this recipe is perfect for you. Also, it is so simple to make that your kids can make it on their own as well under your supervision.
Recipe source: Food Network Magazine.Print
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoon vegetable oil
- dash of vanilla extract
- confectioners sugar for sprinkling on top (optional)
- Whisk all the ingredients together in a microwaveable bowl until no lumps remain.
- Microwave for about 2 minutes until the cake appears puffed.
- Sprinkle with confectioners sugar and serve