I have been getting a lot of flak lately from my fan base namely my mom and my better half for posting a lot of chocolate recipes. I have been reminded several times over the past couple of weeks that the name of my website is simmer to slimmer and asked how exactly is anyone getting slim by eating Chocolate Burfi’s, Chocolate Fudge and Ice-creams? Awesome fans, I have I tell ya. Here’s the thing consuming sweets in moderation is fine..You should know where to draw the line and stop. Also, in my defense Diwali is around the corner and I am practicing all my recipes before the D-day.
Note: I used sweetened mango pulp from a can and though the end product was great, I would definitely recommend fresh mango pulp – nothing can beat that!
- In a microwave safe dish, mix the Mango pulp, Ricotta Cheese,Sugar and Condensed Milk well to remove any lumps.
- Place the dish in the microwave and cook it for 5 minutes uncovered.
- Take the mixture out and mix well.Cook it in the microwave for 3 more minutes.
- Microwave for 3 minutes, covered. Stir well.
- Put it back in the microwave for 2 minutes, take out and mix. Repeat this process (microwaving it for 2 minutes and mixing) 2 more times, each time mixing it well.
- Add in ½ of the chopped almonds (or any other nut) and powdered cardamom (if using) and mix well again.
- Transfer the mixture in a 9X9 pan and use the back of your spoon to flatten the mixture.
- Sprinkle the remaining chopped almonds and press them into the mixture.
- Let it cool (around 10 minutes) and cut into squares.
- When it is completely cold, separate the squares and store in the refrigerator. Consume it in 2-3 days.
Disclosure: This recipe contains affiliate links to products we love and recommend. As an affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Disclaimer: Approximate Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and can vary depending on the exact ingredients/brands used. If you have health issues, please work with a registered dietician or nutritionist.