Mealthy MultiPot Review – If you are thinking of buying the Mealthy MultiPot and were wondering how it compares with Instant Pot, you have come to the right place. Read more to find out all about Mealthy MultiPot and what it has to offer.
Disclosure – I was sent a Mealthy MultiPot by the manufacturers to review. The giveaway is sponsored by Mealthy MultiPot. All opinions are unbiased and mine alone.
If you are wondering what Mealthy Multipot is, let me explain – It is an electric pressure cooker that allows you to cook meals about 70% faster. It is popular because it replaces up to 9 commonly used appliances such as – pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, sauté, steam, cake maker, egg maker, yogurt maker, and a warmer.
Mealthy’s 9-in-1 MultiPot offers 14 preset pressure cooking programs and 9-in-1 cooking functionality, which means you can pressure cook, sauté, steam, bake, slow cook, and more, all in one pot and all at just the touch of a button!
The Mealthy MultiPot is also 100% BPA-Free and made of the highest quality materials including professional-grade SUS304 stainless steel and comes with an intuitive LCD screen.
Key features include –
- Mealthy 9-in-1 MultiPot Pressure Cooker can replace up to 9 commonly used appliances – pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, sauté, steam, cake maker, egg maker, yogurt maker, and a warmer.
- 14 easy touch cooking programs – poultry, meat/stew, bean/chili, soup, sauté/simmer, cake, rice, multigrain, porridge, steam, slow cook, keep warm, yogurt, and pressure cook (manual setting).
- The LCD panel comes with a progress indicator which clearly shows the stages of cooking.
- It comes with a stainless steel cooking pot and a steam basket, that allows you to cook two dishes at once (pot-in-pot).
- The MultiPot has a contemporary design and lid holders for left and right-handed users.
What’s inside the box?
Apart from the pressure cooker unit and steel insert, you also receive accessories such as steamer basket, 4-cm raised trivet, spare silicone gasket, two silicone mitts, serving spoon, soup spoon, and a rice measuring cup. You also get beautiful full-color visual guides and a recipe booklet.
- 6 quart – 6-qt is perfect for a family of 4 and you can easily cook enough food for both lunch and dinner in one go.
- 8 quart – It is the preferred size for large families, 6+ people. Also, if you do a lot of entertaining or prep/cook meals for the whole week and space and money is not a constraint, 8-quart maybe a good option for you.
Mealthy MultiPot review
When Mealthy MultiPot was first introduced in the market there was, of course, an obvious comparison to Instant Pot – the #1 selling electric pressure cooker. While Mealthy does look a lot like Instant Pot, I think it works out in our favor. Because that means Instant Pot users have less of a learning curve and also, the intuitive LCD panel makes it less intimidating for newbies as well.
Here are my observations on using Mealthy after being an Instant Pot user for over 2 years
- The first impression you get when you take the Mealthy MultiPot out of its box is that it is a gorgeous looking, well-designed pressure cooker. Think of it as Instant Pot’s elegant cousin ;-).
- Mealthy comes with user guides, recipe booklet, cheat sheets, pressure cooking quick picks that make pressure cooking less overwhelming. Lack of proper supporting documentation was a big challenge with the first version of the Instant Pot which they have addressed with their latest models.
- Easy to read LCD panel comes with a progress indicator which clearly shows the stages of cooking. I love this feature since it takes the guesswork out of pressure cooking. Also, you’ll love how the buttons are placed making it even more intuitive than Instant Pot.
- The cooking times of Mealthy are similar to Instant Pot so you can easily adapt Instant Pot recipes for Mealthy. I, also felt like Mealthy comes to pressure rather quickly than the Instant Pot especially when it came to making a pot of rice. I’ll time it once and update this section.
- Mealthy MultiPot functions exactly like an Instant Pot Duo Plus and is a better value for money while costing the same. This is because it includes extra accessories such as
- Spare silicone gasket (one for sweet and one for savory recipes),
- Two silicone mitts (helpful while handling the hot inner pot),
- Steamer basket (for pot in pot cooking)
- The trivet in Mealthy MultiPot holds food 4cm above the base of the pot which is a nice improvement over Instant Pot’s trivet. It is particularly helpful when you are cooking rice over a pot of dal.
- It also comes with a bright red float that pops up when it comes to pressure and extra-wide steam vent handle that keep your hands safe!
Overall, Mealthy MultiPot is a well-designed product. As I tested it out and used it for a couple of weeks, it felt like Mealthy analyzed all the tiny quirks that Instant Pot had, addressed it and made a better looking, sturdier product that I am sure you’ll fall in love with.
In short, Mealthy is a worthy competitor to Instant Pot and it performs as well and is definitely more value for money.
The product is just a couple of years old so it is hard to predict how long it will last. While manufacturing defects are not unheard of these days, what I usually look for is the kind of customer support a company provides. A quick check on Amazon revealed that Mealthy stood by its products and provided a replacement for units that had issues. It also has an average rating of 4.7-stars from over 1,000+ reviews which is a great rating for a kitchen appliance.
Like I said Instant Pot Recipes can be easily converted to Mealthy with the same cooking times. These are the recipes that I have tried so far with stellar results –
- Indian chickpea curry (Chole masala)
- Carrot Halwa (a delicious carrot pudding)
- Jeera rice (cumin flavored rice)
- Instant Pot vegetable biryani (rice cooked with loads of veggies – a perfect one-pot meal)
- Restaurant style Palak Paneer (spinach and cottage cheese)
Mealthy has also created a recipe app for iOS and Android with over 2000 healthy and delicious recipes and videos designed exclusively for Mealthy’s products, along with how-to videos and articles to help users answer the question “What Should I Cook?”.
Now the exciting part – The Giveaway!
I am so thrilled to host this giveaway in partnership with Mealthy.
- One lucky winner will receive Mealthy MultiPot 6-Quart 9-in-1 Programmable Electric Pressure Cooker.
- Open to USA residents adults 18+.
- One (1) winner will be chosen.
- Prize must be claimed within 72 hours of announcement or a new winner will be drawn.
- All entries will be verified.
- This giveaway is in no way associated with Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, Rafflecopter, Amazon or any other entity unless otherwise specified.
If you are viewing this on your mobile, either click on the arrow below or follow this link to enter – http://www.rafflecopter.com/rafl/display/a5e82a672