- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 4-5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups finely chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups peeled and deveined shrimp/prawns
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4th cup coconut milk
- 8 ounces spaghetti or linguini pasta
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/2 cup finely chopped coriander leaves
- sliced limes
- crushed red pepper chili flakes
- Add 2 tablespoons of oil in a large stockpot or dutch oven over medium heat. As the oil heats up, add the chopped onions and garlic and saute them till they are soft and translucent.
- Add all the remaining ingredients – tomatoes, shrimp, salt, pepper, garam masala, chili powder, water and pasta and mix well. Bring the contents to a boil. Cover the pot and then reduce the heat and simmer until the pasta is cooked through and the liquid has been absorbed.
- Add the spinach and mix well and stir it till the spinach wilts. Remove from heat and let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and chili flakes. Just before serving, add a dash of lime juice and mix well.