Note: This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This easy, no-cook recipe for Tiramisu is a keeper. Comes together in 30 minutes; this recipe is perfect for potlucks.
Tiramisu – though Italian by origin, has won the hearts of people all over the world. My only regret is that I did not make this sooner or even think of making it. I was under the impression that it needed a lot of ingredients and skills that I believed I seriously lacked. But that is so far from the truth – you can make Tiramisu even if you haven’t made any kind of cake before. You can’t go wrong with this recipe!
I read through many recipes before settling for this Tiramisu recipe. I was a little nervous and skeptical because I modified the recipe and was unsure how my Tiramisu would turn out. The occasion seemed perfect, though – T’s birthday was around the corner, and also I was hosting my friends who were kind enough to volunteer as guinea pigs. What more motivation could I ever need?
So what’s great about this recipe is – Easy to make (check), Crowdpleaser (check), and Makes people take you seriously as a cook (BIG SMILE followed by a happy dance and a BIG check).
Note: This recipe uses raw eggs. Please make sure to use fresh eggs!
- 8 ounces heavy whipping cream
- 5 eggs separated
- 4 ounces / 8 tablespoons sugar
- 16 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 14 ounces firm ladyfingers / Savoiardi cookies
- 1 cup brewed coffee cooled and at room temperature (I used instant coffee granules to make my coffee)
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup shaved semi sweet chocolate to garnish
- In a mixing bowl of a stand-in mixer beat whipping cream with egg whites and 4 tablespoons of sugar on medium speed until stiff peaks form. Scrape out this mixture in a bowl and set aside. This is filling #1(Note: Make sure the mixture is not runny! and the whipped cream is light, airy, and holds it shape)
- Add egg yolks and sugar to the mixing bowl. Beat the egg yolks with 4 tablespoons of sugar on medium speed till you get a creamy light yellow mixture. Add mascarpone cheese and continue to mix till it is well blended. This is filling #2.
- Dip the ladyfingers in the coffee and lay them in a 7 by 11 Pyrex tray one by one till the bottom is completely covered. (Note: Dip one ladyfinger at a time – do not soak them).
- Spread filling #2 (egg yolk – mascarpone cheese mixture) over the ladyfingers gently using a spatula till the ladyfingers are evenly covered. Follow it by a layer of coffee-dipped ladyfingers.
- Spread filling #1 (egg white and whipped cream mixture) over the ladyfingers gently and evenly using a spatula.
- Sprinkle cocoa powder over the cake evenly and garnish with shaved chocolate.
- Cover the tray and refrigerate the Tiramisu for 4-6 hours, until set.
Disclaimer: Approximate nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and can vary depending on the exact ingredients/brands used. If you have health issues, please work with a registered dietician or nutritionist.