Attending Family Forward conference which is, in part, sponsored by Universal Studios was the highlight of our summer break this year. The Universal Studios VIP Experience was included in our conference fee and I can’t wait to share the deets with you all and answer the question you’ve in your mind – Is the VIP tour experience worth the cost?
What does Universal Studios VIP experience consist of?
With Universal Studios VIP experience, you get exclusive access to backstage, learn fun tidbits about the parks, and most importantly enjoy the parks’ most amazing rides and attractions without waiting in line.
You must be wondering how different the Universal Studios VIP experience is from Universal Express Unlimited™ pass, let’s find out
Universal Studios VIP experience vs Universal Express Unlimited pass
With the VIP Experience, we were personally escorted by a Universal Orlando expert on a guided tour throughout Universal Studios Florida® and Universal’s Islands of Adventure®. While you are promised priority entrance into a minimum of eight (8) major rides and attractions, our tour guide was super awesome and we were able to cover 11 rides during a span of 6 hours or so.
With Universal Express Unlimited pass, you skip the regular lines but you DO have to stand in a line. The line is definitely much shorter than the regular line but it can’t beat the fact that you get exclusive backstage access with the VIP experience and you can enjoy attractions without a line. You can cover so many more attractions in the same amount of time.
The VIP experience includes the Universal Express Unlimited pass – that means once you are done with your VIP guided tour, you can return to your favorite rides until the park closes.
The VIP tours begin at 11 am and can last approximately 5 – 7 hours. To recap the VIP tour experience includes
- Complimentary Continental Breakfast.
- Priority front-of-the-line access to rides and attractions.
- Universal Dining Plan – Quick Service
- Exclusive behind-the-scenes experience in the park.
- Reserved seating at shows.
- Complimentary Valet Parking.
- Universal ExpressSM Unlimited access throughout the rest of the day. NOT VALID at select attractions.
- A VIP Experience souvenir lanyard.
How does Universal Studios VIP experience work?
- Start with park admission tickets – Buy 2 park admission ticket. You can always do one park admission ticket but you do get more bang for your buck with 2 parks for a small additional fee – so go for it.
- To sign up for Universal Studios VIP experience, either you can book a private tour (if you have a party of more than 6 people) for a flat fee or you can book a group tour where you get paired with other families with a limit of twelve per group. The advantage of a private tour is you have more control over what rides/ attractions you visit while with the group tours you will need to work with your guide and other members of your group.
- Once you have signed up, you’ll meet the tour guide at around 11.00 AM after breakfast and they will chat with you to understand how to help you make the most of your VIP experience by asking questions about your favorite rides, which ones you want to skip etc. They will lay out the itinerary for the day and ask you when you want to break for lunch and then the fun begins…
- As you walk from one ride to the other, your tour guide will share interesting tidbits about the park. Once you reach your ride, your tour guide will escort you backstage and you’ll be led to a priority entrance where you will take the rides without waiting in line. Your tour guide will generously offer to hold any belongings and help you with some awesome backstage pictures. This process continues for another 6 -7 hours or so and you have experienced a minimum of 8 major rides and attractions in a short span which otherwise would have taken countless hours of waiting in line.
How much does Universal studio VIP experience cost?
The price is based on dates and the base rate is around $199 per day for both parks or $189 per day for one – Universal’s Islands of Adventure or Universal Studios Florida.
Is Universal Studios VIP experience worth the money?
Here are my 5 reasons why you should consider buying the VIP experience next time you visit Universal Studios Orlando.
- You skip the line entirely. Which is a huge perk if you have kids or adults who don’t have the patience to wait in line for an hour or more for each major ride. That also means you cover so many more rides in one day.
- You get backstage pass.
- You learn interesting tidbits about the park.
- You get to ride the best rides in the park without having to go through the pain of planning it all.
- You enjoy discounts at the shops and lunch and parking is included.
Do you have any questions about the Universal Studios VIP experience? Let me know and I will be happy to answer.