Cucumber Tomato Raita
Looking to escape the heat? Here's a recipe of Cucumber Tomato Raita to your rescue! This yogurt dip is perfect to beat the summer heat and is also a perfect cooling accompaniment to spicy biryanis and curries.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 0 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
- 2 cups thick yogurt
- 1 cup peeled and diced cucumber
- 1 cup tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 cup onions chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 Indian or Thai green chilies (Bird's eye) finely chopped (optional)
- salt to taste
- cilantro for garnishing
Whisk the yogurt with salt until smooth (If you are using thick yogurt, add a tablespoon or so milk or water to dilute the yogurt to the desired consistency)
Add the chopped cucumber, tomatoes, ginger, green chilies and onions to the yogurt and mix well.
Refrigerate for 30 minutes for the flavors to blend in.
Serve chilled and garnish it with cilantro before serving.
- I like to use the Hothouse or English cucumbers for this recipe because they are seedless.
- Best consumed the same day because the tomatoes tend to release water and make the dish watery.
- Needless to say, use the freshest ingredients available to get the best out of this recipe.
- Skip the onions and use only cucumbers and tomatoes.
- Add grated carrots.
Serving: 1bowl | Calories: 64kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 259mg | Potassium: 235mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 315IU | Vitamin C: 6.4mg | Calcium: 107mg | Iron: 0.2mg