Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 4 bowls of soup
- 1 cup tomato finely chopped
- 1 cup onion finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 pound chicken cut into cubes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup mixed vegetables I used cut red peppers, beans, and corn
- 1/2 cup coconut milk optional
- 1/4 cup Tabasco sauce or to taste
- salt to taste
- water as desired to adjust the consistency
Heat oil in a cooker at medium heat. Once heated, add onions and garlic and fry them. When the onions turn translucent, add cut tomatoes and fry them till they are mushy.
Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Add water if needed to adjust it to the desired consistency. Cover the cooker and put the vent on. Let the vent go off once and wait for the cooker to cool down before opening the lid.
An alternate method using the slow cooker - After Step 1.
Transfer the fried tomato - onion paste to the slow cooker. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Add water if needed to adjust it to the desired consistency. Cover the cooker and cook on high heat for 3 hours.
Calories: 232kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 678mg | Potassium: 486mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 2721IU | Vitamin C: 30mg | Calcium: 43mg | Iron: 2mg