Matar Mushroom Gravy
This delicious gravy made from peas and mushroom is lip-smacking good. Enjoy it with rice or rotis.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
- 1/4 cup unsalted cashews + 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup peas + 1 cup water
- 2 cups mushroom washed and chopped into thin slices
- 2 cups onions finely chopped
- 2 medium sized tomatoes pureed (~ 1-1/2 cup of puree)
- 1 green chilly finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander dhania powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin jeera powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3-4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger finely grated
Soak the cashews in 1/2 cup boiling water and set aside.
Soak peas in 1 cup of water and microwave them for 6-8 minutes until they are cooked.
Heat oil in a kadhai or wok over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and saute them till they have reduced in size and start oozing out water (~8-10 minutes). Transfer the mushrooms to a plate and set aside.
Add the chopped onion slices and fry them till they soften (approximately 10-12 minutes). Add garlic cloves and ginger and fry them for a minute or two.
While the onions are frying, grind the cashews and green chilly to a fine paste.
Add the ground paste to the onions (once the onions are done) and fry them for another 5-6 minutes.
Add the pureed tomatoes, salt, garam masala, coriander, sugar,cumin powder and chilly powder and mix well. Continue to cook for another 10-12 minutes till the tomatoes get mushy and oil starts to surface.
Add the mushroom and peas back to the wok and cover the wok and let it simmer for another 5 minutes.
Serve it with hot with roti or rice
Calories: 127kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 58mg | Potassium: 540mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 16% | Vitamin C: 29.9% | Calcium: 4.1% | Iron: 10%