Vegetable Quinoa Pulao
Have you tried Vegetable Quinoa Pulao? Just like vegetable pulao, it is delicious and is a great way to work more veggies into your meals with quinoa - a healthier substitute for rice.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 sprig of curry leaves or kadipatta kadipatta roughly 10-12 leaves
- 4-5 cashews halved
- 2 green chilies slit lengthwise
- 1/2 cup chopped onion chopped finely
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger grated
- 1 cup assorted chopped vegetables carrots, peas, beans, corn, etc.
- 1 cup truRoots whole grain quinoa
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt to taste
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- finely chopped cilantro / coriander leaves for garnishing
Heat oil in a medium sized wok and then add mustard seeds. As they begin to splutter add curry leaves, and cashews(if using). Fry them for a minute.
Add grated ginger along with onions. Fry the onions till they are translucent and then add quinoa, along with chopped vegetables, green chilies, salt, and sugar. Fry it for a minute or two. Add 2 cups of water and once the mixture comes to a boil, cover it.
Lower the gas and let the quinoa simmer for 15 minutes until all the water is absorbed. Take the lid off, add ghee and gently mix it in.
Sprinkle coriander leaves and serve hot.
Calories: 298kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 29mg | Sodium: 107mg | Potassium: 381mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 5345IU | Vitamin C: 11.1mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 2.2mg