Poha makes for a wholesome and delicious breakfast. You can dress it up with sev, pomegranate seeds or roasted peanuts or don't garnish it at all.. either way, it will be just as satisfying.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 2 cups poha thick flattened rice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 sprig kadipatta curry leaves
- 1 medium-sized onion chopped (~1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons skinned and roasted peanuts
- 2 green chilies chopped
- salt to taste
- 2 medium-sized potatoes diced (~ 2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon sugar optional
- 1 teaspoon haldi turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Finely chopped dhania coriander leaves
- Sev for garnishing optional
Rinse the poha in a colander and set it aside.
Heat oil in a non-stick wok/kadhai over medium heat and once the oil heats up add mustard seeds. When the mustard seeds start spluttering, add onions, along with curry leaves, green chilies and peanuts.
Fry the onions for a minute or two and then add potatoes, salt, turmeric powder and sugar (if using). Mix well. Cover the wok and lower the heat to medium-low. Cook the potatoes for about 10 minutes or until done. Stir once to avoid sticking.
Add poha and lime juice. Mix well. Let it cook for about 5 minutes.
Take off heat. Garnish with coriander leaves and sev. Serve immediately.
Calories: 389kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 177mg | Potassium: 530mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin C: 23mg | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 6.2mg