Note: This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This air fryer green beans recipe is the easiest and most flavorful way to prepare this classic and healthy side dish! Plus, it all comes together in just 15 minutes.
What makes these air fryer green beans so good
Like so many home chefs, I am smitten with my air fryer.
I’ve made so many fun recipes in this handy kitchen appliance, like crispy French fries, granola, roasted chickpeas, and even tandoori chicken tikka. And now I can add air fryer green beans to that growing list!
You don’t need to heat your kitchen and home with a hot skillet or oven to cook these Asian-style green beans. You can cook them perfectly in your air fryer!
All you need is some light oil, classic Asian-inspired seasonings like soy sauce and chile-garlic sauce, and some parchment paper for easy cleanup. They’re ready in 15 minutes!
Perfect for busy weeknights and meal prep.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- These air fryer green beans are not the least bit soggy. On the contrary, they’re tender with a good bite, bright green, and perfectly cooked.
- The air fryer basket is lined with parchment paper, which means minimal clean-up!
- They’re easy to make, delicious, and healthy!
- They’re an easy side dish made with simple ingredients that pair well with any main course.
- Fresh green beans (not canned; aka haricot verts)
- Avocado or sesame oil (Ghee or olive oil would also work)
- Soy sauce (I prefer to use low-sodium, so the saltiness isn’t overpowering)
- Chili-garlic sauce (opt for low-sugar or sugar-free, if possible)
- Brown sugar (light or dark will work; can also substitute honey, or omit entirely to keep these air fryer green beans low-sugar)
- Toasted sesame seeds (optional but highly recommended as a garnish)
🍽 Required Equipment
You’ll need an air fryer to make this recipe. Here are the two that I recommend –
- Basket style (Phillips 7 QT, 1725W) – easier to flip food but cooks a smaller amount (2-3 servings).
- Convection oven-style (Instant Pot 20 QT, 1800W) – This one takes more space but can bake, broil, toast, warm, dehydrate and even has a rotisserie feature. Holds more food – perfect for families of 4 or more.
💭 Air Frying Tips
For best results, follow the guidelines below
- No overcrowding – Always arrange food in a single layer and cook in batches if needed.
- Spray oil on your food unless the protein already has oil in the marinade.
- Use parchment paper or grease your tray/basket to ensure food won’t stick.
- Toss or flip the food halfway during cooking to make sure the food is cooked evenly.
Store any leftover air fryer green beans in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Reheat in the air fryer or microwave to serve or enjoy cold.
We love to pair these Asian-style green beans with quinoa salad, but you could pair it with any main course or side dish of your choice.
- Add nuts to the mix! We love to serve these Asian-style green beans with toasted sesame seeds, but toasted pecans, walnuts, or sliced almonds would also be delicious.
- Or add some dried fruit like golden raisins or dried cranberries before serving!
- If you opt for sesame oil over avocado oil, be warned that it is very powerful and will impart a lot of flavors. You could always do half sesame oil and half avocado oil if in doubt.
- Add more of your favorite seasonings! Onion powder, red pepper flakes, or cayenne pepper would be great in this air fryer green beans recipe.
- If you eat bacon, you could add some chopped (raw) bacon or pancetta to the green beans before cooking them in the air fryer.
- Garnish with a squeeze of fresh lime juice!
More Air fryer side dish recipes
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- Juicy Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Tandoori Chicken Tikka
- Crispy Air Fryer Brussels sprouts
- Air Fryer Crispy Broccoli
Air Fryer Green Beans
- Preheat the air fryer at 375°F for 5 minutes or as per your air fryer manual.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add green beans and toss them with oil and salt until they are completely covered.
- Arrange them in a single layer in an air fryer basket lined with parchment paper.
- Air fry at 375°F for 8 -10 minutes till they are crispy and cooked through. Toss the beans at the halfway mark for even cooking. If using a toaster-style air fryer, make sure to rotate the tray.
- Before serving, mix the green beans with soy sauce, chili garlic sauce and brown sugar.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds and serve hot.
Disclaimer: Approximate nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and can vary depending on the exact ingredients/brands used. If you have health issues, please work with a registered dietician or nutritionist.