This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #LoveWhatsReal #CollectiveBias
Apple smoothie is a delicious way to start your day with the goodness of milk and apples and with no added sugar. It is ready in less than 5 minutes – now you have no reason to skip breakfast.
Milk was so entwined in my daily life growing up – no matter what, my brother and I had to drink two glasses of milk every day once for breakfast and the other right before bedtime. Drinking milk was a non-negotiable part of our routine – and it wasn’t a real negotiation at all, we loved the creamy goodness and flavor and we’d lap up our milk faster than a cat!
Did you know that kids these days aren’t drinking enough milk?
This is concerning because kids aren’t getting enough of milk’s nutrients, like calcium, potassium and vitamin D that they need to grow. That’s why milk-based smoothies are a good way to encourage kids to get more milk.
With so many extracurricular activities that the kids are enrolled in these days, bedtimes are getting delayed and waking them up early in the morning for school can be a real challenge. And it’s hard if you have kids like mine who resist breakfast and prefer sleeping to eating.
Thank goodness for smoothies!
I blend them up quickly in the morning and pour it in a travel smoothie cup. That way my kid can chug it down on her way to school and I can be happy about the fact that she is having a nutritious drink that will keep her satiated until lunch.
And then there are moments like this when we have some time in the morning to savor a glass of milk along with a few laughs.
So if you or your kids have an early start don’t just leave the house on an empty stomach. Chug down a glass of milk or if you have a few minutes make an apple smoothie.
Looking for more smoothie ideas that your family will love? Here are my top picks –
- Kesar Pista Smoothie (Saffron Pistachios smoothie) – This smoothie combines saffron (kesar), pistachios (pista), with banana, cardamom, and milk to create a delicious and nutrient-rich drink that’s perfect for kids and as a post-workout drink.
- Papaya Mango Smoothie – This smoothie is loaded with vitamins and antioxidants and is the perfect way to start your day or recharge your body after an intense workout.
- Banana Nutella Smoothie – Your kids will love this delicious Banana Nutella Smoothie Recipe – a healthy-ish drink made from bananas and milk with a hint of Nutella and hot cocoa.
- Dry fruit smoothie – This smoothie is a great way to combine nutritious milk and dry fruits to create a wholesome meal for any time of the day. Make one today!
- Chocolate almond smoothie – This smoothie combines the goodness of bananas with nutrient-rich almonds and dates with a hint of cocoa to make this delectable smoothie.
- Strawberry banana smoothie – This delicious 4-ingredient gluten-free strawberry banana smoothie is perfect for busy families. Make it for breakfast or as an after-school snack – all you need is 5 minutes.
- Chickoo (sapota) smoothie – This nutritious blended drink made from Date and Chikoo (Sapota) is a great treat for any time of the day – be it an after-school snack or a post-workout drink.
- This coffee walnut smoothie is the perfect solution for when you are debating between having coffee in the morning or chugging down a healthy smoothie.
Would you like a chance to win a year’s worth of free milk?
If yes, enter the “Love What’s Real” Sweepstakes. Here are the details –
Run Dates: 1/22/19-2/28/19
How to Enter: Post a photo on Instagram showcasing your “Love What’s Real” milk moment (photo must include milk) and include the hashtags #LoveWhatsReal and #Sweepstakes.
No Purchase Necessary. Ends 2/28/19. For more details and official rules, check out this link.
Prize: A year’s worth of free milk!
How to make Apple smoothie?
Making apple smoothie is easy. Just add chopped apples, dates and blend.
Tips for a creamy and delicious apple smoothie
- Chop the apples right before making the smoothie to prevent discoloration.
- You could always add sugar or honey to sweeten the smoothie but I prefer dates because of it’s superfood status.
Apple Smoothie Recipe
- 3 cups whole milk
- 2 cups chopped apples
- ½ cup chopped dates
- Add all the ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth. Serve immediately for a best tasting smoothie.
Disclosure: This recipe contains affiliate links to products we love and recommend. As an affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Disclaimer: Approximate Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and can vary depending on the exact ingredients/brands used. If you have health issues, please work with a registered dietician or nutritionist.