Make this moist and flavorful Baked Salmon using only 4 basic ingredients AND in less than 15 minutes!
I have to admit that there was a time that I couldn’t eat Salmon.
My husband would try to convince me saying that Salmon was loaded with Vitamin D, B12, and Omega 3 fatty acids. It was a nutrition marvel and nothing short of brain food.
None of it mattered to me. I couldn’t stand the smell and just couldn’t force myself to take a bite.
A few years and one pregnancy later, I pushed myself to take a bite and I was blown over.
It was unlike any fish that I had eaten before. Soft, flaky and delicious.
And all my husband did was seasoned the salmon with some oil, pepper, salt and cayenne pepper and baked it for 13 minutes and broiled it on low for a minute or so. That’s it.
Now, this has become our go-to recipe for those busy nights when we have after-school activities. Instead of relying on take-outs we make this Baked Salmon recipe and serve it steamed rice.
The point of this short story is that tastes change. You may never know when you will enjoy something that you have disliked in the past. So keep challenging and pushing yourself in trying something that is good for you like Baked Salmon or Yoga 🙂
- 1 lb salmon fillet
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pepper or to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper or to taste
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Pat dry the salmon with a paper towel and place it skin down on the baking sheet.
- Make a marinade using oil, pepper, salt, and cayenne pepper. Pour the marinade over the salmon and coat it completely with the marinade. Transfer it to the oven.
- Bake it for 13-15 minutes until the fish flakes easily with a fork (see notes). Broil it for a quick minute on low if you like the top of the salmon crisp.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice right before serving. Serve hot.
Disclosure: This recipe contains affiliate links to products we love and recommend. As an affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Disclaimer: Approximate Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and can vary depending on the exact ingredients/brands used. If you have health issues, please work with a registered dietician or nutritionist.