Note: This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Growing up in Mumbai, I remember we used to exchange plates or platters of sweets with our neighbors during Diwali. I totally enjoyed this process since that meant that I got introduced to a large variety of sweets depending on where our neighbors originally came from.
When our neighbors dropped in with their plates filled with sweets, I would quickly glance through it to see if there was something I never had before. One such Diwali, I got introduced to Besan ladoos – these awesome ladoos made from chickpea flour, roasted in ghee and mixed with sugar. Once I fell in love with them, there was no going back!
This weekend, I finally decided to try making these at home and realized they were even easier to make compared to the Godi and the Rava ladoos I have made in the past. Most ladoo mixtures need to be hot when you try to bind them into a ball, but not the Besan ladoos! I was able to make them even after they had cooled down a bit and I appreciated that so much better than almost burning my palms while making other ladoos. Here’s the recipe for these super awesome Besan Ladoos and hope you will make this during this Diwali or as a special treat for your family!
- Place a wok or kadhai on medium heat.
- Add a tablespoon of ghee and when it heats up, add the chickpea flour or besan and roast them on medium to low heat till they turn slightly darker and fragrant (approximately 15-20 minutes).
- Turn off heat and add sugar and mix well. Add the remaining ghee and mix well.
- Let the mixture cool down a bit before you roll them into balls. (Note - If the laddoos don't come together, feel free to additional ghee to help in this process. Or if the mixture is too sticky, refrigerate the mixture for 15 minutes and start working them on again.)
- Let the ladoos completely cool down before storing them in an air-tight container.
Disclosure: This recipe contains affiliate links to products we love and recommend. As an affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Disclaimer: Approximate Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and can vary depending on the exact ingredients/brands used. If you have health issues, please work with a registered dietician or nutritionist.