Blueberry Yogurt Muffins – What is great about this recipe is
- The outcome of this recipe is perfect for a family of 4 as it makes only 6 muffins.
- You don’t need butter! You can substitute butter with yogurt with amazing results.
Don’t believe me – try for yourself! The recipe has been adapted from the Blueberry Yogurt Recipe from Taste of Home.
Blueberry Yogurt Muffins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients - flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Set it aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the beaten egg, yogurt, oil and milk. Add in the dry ingredients and combine them until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips (if using) and half the blueberries.
- Use an ice cream scoop or a spoon to add the mixture to greased muffin pans or paper lined muffin cups. Add the remaining 1/4 cup of berries on top of the muffins and press them down lightly.
- Place into the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Let it cool for 5 minutes before removing them from pan to a wire rack.
- Serve immediately or store in airtight container for 2 to 3 days.
Disclaimer: Approximate Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and can vary depending on the exact ingredients/brands used. If you have health issues, please work with a registered dietician or nutritionist.