What’s special about this Cornbread is that it is such an easy recipe that my 8-year-old could make it. She had to make something out of corn for her school project and she chose Cornbread. Little did she know that I absolutely love Cornbread and the only reason I haven’t made at home so far because I know my husband isn’t particularly fond of corn (even this awesome Corn Bhel !)
Since I have never made Cornbread ever, I looked up the recipe and found this one in Allrecipes pretty straightforward and easy and used that to make this soft and spongy Cornbread.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.Line an 8 inch square pan with parchment paper or grease it with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Set a skillet on medium heat on a gas stove. Add butter and when it is completely melted, remove from heat and then add sugar. Stir well. Add eggs and stir them in.
- Combine buttermilk with baking soda in a separate bowl and then add them to this mixture and mix well.
- Add the remaining ingredients - cornmeal, flour, and salt and mix them till they are well blended. It is okay if few lumps are left behind.
- Pour the batter into the prepared 8 inch square pan and bake it in the oven for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes clean.