The first being chess and the next one..you guessed it.. Chicken meatballs. I have been wanting to make Chicken meatballs forever now but I always thought it is a painful process and would involve deep frying.. who knew you could make like 40 Chicken meatballs in under 30 minutes! Here’s the recipe adapted from the Allrecipes magazine. Enjoy!
Note: This recipe is perfect for kids. It is NOT spicy. These Chicken meatballs pretty much melt in the mouth and my two year old loved it. Feel free to add more sauce to increase the spice quotient. And the recipe does not need any added salt.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 6 tablespoons hot sauce, such as Frank's hot sauce
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs, I used Panko hence the lighter color
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 450F.Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and grease it with oil or cooking spray.
- Microwave butter in a microwave-safe bowl until it is fully melted (around 30 seconds). Mix the hot sauce until it is well blended.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, breadcrumbs, and egg. Add butter-hot sauce mixture and mix well.
- Roll them into balls (I approximately was able to make around 40 balls)
- Place them on the baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Serve hot with hot sauce or ranch.
Disclaimer: Approximate Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and can vary depending on the exact ingredients/brands used. If you have health issues, please work with a registered dietician or nutritionist.