Note: This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Chicken Spinach Pasta is effortless to make, and you can dish up this quick and satisfying supper in about 30 minutes.
If fast, nutritious, delicious meals are like a thing in your household, you’ll love this Indian-inspired chicken and spinach pasta recipe. Your dinner will be ready in less than 30 minutes with ingredients you have at home – no store-bought marinara sauce needed.
How to make chicken spinach pasta?
There are three main steps – cooking the pasta, making the sauce, and combining them. The sauce can be made as the pasta cooks, and that should cut the overall cooking time in half.
The homemade sauce consists of an onion-tomato-based gravy with a hint of spice from chili powder and garam masala. Adding coconut milk gives it a creamy touch. Chicken or any other meat/veggies are then added to the sauce and cooked until done. Add the strained pasta along with spinach and mix well. Serve immediately.
Other pasta recipes you’ll love
- Instant Pot Mac and Cheese – Impress your guests with this creamy pasta recipe that is quick, easy, and has a secret ingredient to amp things up.
- Instant Pot Lasagna – Classic Italian lasagna gets an Instant Pot upgrade with this easy-to-make vegetarian lasagna recipe.
- Easy Instant Pot Vegetarian Pasta – Learn how to cook pasta in the Instant Pot with this delicious Vegetarian Pasta recipe. Make a healthy and delicious plate of pasta everyone will enjoy in under 30 minutes!
- One pot creamy curry pasta with shrimp – One pot creamy curry pasta with shrimp is a perfect marriage of Indian flavors with Italian produce. It is effortless to make, and you can dish up this quick and satisfying supper in about 30 minutes.
Chicken Spinach Pasta Recipe
- ½ cup finely chopped cilantro
- sliced lemon wedges
- Boil 4 quarts water in large pot. Add salt, if desired. [see note]
- Stir in pasta. Reduce heat to medium-high (to minimize foaming).
- Cook for 8-9 minutes, stirring occasionally. For more tender pasta, boil an additional minute. [Follow the manufacturer's directions to cook the pasta.]
- While the pasta cooks, start making the sauce. Add 2 tablespoons of oil in a large stockpot or dutch oven over medium heat. As the oil heats up, add the chopped onions and garlic saute them for about 8-10 minutes.
- Add chicken pieces and fry them for about a minute.
- Add all the remaining ingredients – tomatoes, salt, garam masala, chili powder, coconut milk, and mix well. Continue to cook until the chicken is cooked through.
- Drain the pasta. Add the strained pasta and mix it in.
- Add the spinach and mix well and stir it till the spinach wilts. Remove from heat and let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro. Just before serving, add a dash of lime juice and mix well.
Disclaimer: Approximate nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and can vary depending on the exact ingredients/brands used. If you have health issues, please work with a registered dietician or nutritionist.