Chocolate lovers, how would you like to start your day with a delicious and healthy chocolate breakfast smoothie? Chocolate almond smoothie combines the goodness of bananas with nutrient-rich almonds and dates with a hint of cocoa to make this delectable smoothie. You have to try this today!
How to make chocolate almond smoothie?
You know how sometimes kids don’t want to eat breakfast in the morning. They will insist that they are not hungry. That’s when this recipe for chocolate almond smoothie comes handy.
Who can say no to chocolate, right? Especially kids.
You don’t have to tell them that other than chocolate it has almonds, dates, and banana as well :-). I have used a hot cocoa mix in this recipe but you can also use unsweetened cocoa instead. If you are using cocoa, you could go easy on the quantity (about 1 tablespoon should suffice) because unsweetened cocoa can be bitter.
Variations – There a lot of ways you can add variations to this smoothie depending on what you have in your pantry. For instance,
- Use almond butter instead of almonds
- Frozen bananas for that creamy texture
- Add 1/4 cup oats to the mix to make a filling breakfast
- To make it vegan, use almond milk and use cocoa powder instead of the hot cocoa mix.
- You could also make a chocolate almond smoothie bowl, reduce the quantity of milk by 50% and then serve the smoothie in a bowl, along with sliced almonds, bananas, and oats. Oh..so filling!
- 6-7 pitted dates
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1 medium-sized banana
- 2 tablespoons hot cocoa mix
- 2 cups whole milk
- Soak the dates in milk overnight, if possible.
- Add the dates along with milk and all the other ingredients. Blend in a blender until the smoothie is of a consistency that you desire. Alternatively, if you are using the Blendtec blender, run the smoothie cycle twice to get a well-blended smoothie.