Note: This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This creamy cilantro lime dressing is made with Greek yogurt, jalapeno, and fresh cilantro. A versatile and flavorful condiment that adds bold flavor to all of your favorite meals, side dishes, and more! Ready in just 5 minutes.
This cilantro lime dressing is a light and healthy take on classic cilantro-lime crema. While the original version is often made with Mexican crema or sour cream, this version features a thick yogurt in place of crema, making for fewer calories and fat.
You won’t be able to tell that this cilantro dressing is lightened up! The flavors are as bright and bold as the original, and the prep is just as simple.
This dressing is very versatile and can be used with a variety of dishes to add flavor, tanginess, and just a touch of heat (thanks to the addition of jalapeno pepper). You’ll want to keep a batch of this in your fridge at all times to add to your favorite meals and add bold flavor to your salads.
Note: You may also see it called cilantro lime crema, or (in versions using oil) cilantro lime vinaigrette.
Reasons to love this recipe
- It’s creamy, but very healthy thanks to the use of Greek yogurt.
- Works great as a cilantro lime sauce for fish tacos.
- Perfect for drizzling on top of salads, tacos, buddha bowls, and nachos.
- Very easily used as a light and flavorful dip.
Here’s what you need to make the recipe
- Yogurt – I recommend using a thick or Greek style yogurt for the best results. Feel free to substitute with equal amount of sour cream.
- Lime juice – Fresh limes work best, but you can use a good quality bottled lime juice if that’s all you have.
- Cilantro – Look for fresh, bright green bunches that have no signs of bruising or spoilage.
- Jalapeno pepper – Remove the stems, pith, and seeds to ensure your dressing is not too hot.
- Garlic clove, cumin, and salt
Variations to try
- You can use an equal amount of sour cream to replace Greek yogurt.
- Add a chopped avocado to make your cilantro lime dressing thick and creamy.
- Try adding 1/4 cup mayonnaise for a bit of tang.
- Make a chipotle lime dressing with Greek yogurt by adding 1-2 chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce.
Stores well in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
Cilantro Lime Dressing
- Add all the ingredients under the sauce section: yogurt, cilantro, lime juice, cumin powder, garlic, salt, and jalapeno to a blender or food processor. Pulse a few times till it forms a smooth mixture.1/2 cup thick yogurt, 1 tablespoon lime juice, 1/4 cup cilantro, 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 garlic clove, 1/2 jalapeno pepper, stemmed and cored
Disclosure: This recipe contains affiliate links to products we love and recommend. As an affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Disclaimer: Approximate Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and can vary depending on the exact ingredients/brands used. If you have health issues, please work with a registered dietician or nutritionist.