This coffee walnut smoothie is the perfect solution for when you are debating between having coffee in the morning or chugging down a healthy smoothie.
Coffee walnut smoothie is yet another Natural ice-cream inspired smoothie and it is delicious just like the original. While the obvious ingredients are coffee and walnuts, it also includes the nutrition-rich dates and bananas along with a hint of hot cocoa powder to up the deliciousness quotient.
The best part is that you don’t have to choose between drinking a healthy smoothie or having your coffee.
How to make coffee walnut smoothie
Like I mentioned above the main ingredients in this smoothie are – coffee, walnuts, dates, bananas, and cocoa mix. The dates have been added as a sweetener and also because it is a nutrition powerhouse. Since smoothies are fruit-based, I chose banana because it is the only fruit that I find goes well with any flavor combination.
- Increase the coffee content. I do not prefer strong coffee, so a teaspoon of coffee was sufficient.
- Use sugar instead of dates -You could always use sugar but I prefer using dates or honey to sweeten my smoothie.
- Increase/decrease hot cocoa mix – I love the addition of hot cocoa mix to this smoothie – it feels like you are having an ice-cold mocha.
- Substitute hot cocoa with unsweetened cocoa – Makes it a tad bitter so go easy and start with a teaspoon. You may need to increase the amount of sweetener as well.
- Use ice cubes to make it extra foamy just like iced coffee.
Looking for more smoothie ideas that your family will love? Here are my top picks –
- Kesar Pista Smoothie (Saffron Pistachios smoothie) – This smoothie combines saffron (kesar), pistachios (pista), with banana, cardamom, and milk to create a delicious and nutrient-rich drink that’s perfect for kids and as a post-workout drink.
- Papaya Mango Smoothie – This smoothie is loaded with vitamins and antioxidants and is the perfect way to start your day or recharge your body after an intense workout.
- Banana Nutella Smoothie – Your kids will love this delicious Banana Nutella Smoothie Recipe – a healthy-ish drink made from bananas and milk with a hint of Nutella and hot cocoa.
- Dry fruit smoothie – This smoothie is a great way to combine nutritious milk and dry fruits to create a wholesome meal for any time of the day. Make one today!
- Chocolate almond smoothie – This smoothie combines the goodness of bananas with nutrient-rich almonds and dates with a hint of cocoa to make this delectable smoothie.
- Strawberry banana smoothie – This delicious 4-ingredient gluten-free strawberry banana smoothie is perfect for busy families. Make it for breakfast or as an after-school snack – all you need is 5 minutes.
- Apple smoothie is a delicious way to start your day with the goodness of milk and apples and with no added sugar. It is ready in less than 5 minutes – now you have no reason to skip breakfast.
- Chickoo (sapota) smoothie – This nutritious blended drink made from Date and Chikoo (Sapota) is a great treat for any time of the day – be it an after-school snack or a post-workout drink.
Coffee walnut smoothie
- 2 cups milk
- 6-7 pitted dates
- ½ cup walnuts
- 1 medium-sized banana
- 1 teaspoon coffee I used Instant coffee
- 3 teaspoons hot cocoa mix
- Soak the dates in milk overnight, if possible.
- Add the dates along with milk and all the other ingredients. Blend in a blender until the smoothie is of a consistency that you desire. Alternatively, if you are using the Blendtec blender, run the smoothie cycle twice to get a well-blended smoothie.
Disclosure: This recipe contains affiliate links to products we love and recommend. As an affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Disclaimer: Approximate Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and can vary depending on the exact ingredients/brands used. If you have health issues, please work with a registered dietician or nutritionist.