Note: This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date and Chikoo Smoothie – This nutritious blended drink made from Date and Chikoo (Sapota) is a great treat for any time of the day – be it an after school snack or a post-workout drink.
We don’t get fresh Chikoos or Sapotas so we get the frozen ones from the store. If you cannot find them, feel free to replace it with a banana. This drink is naturally sweet because of the dates so need for additional sweeteners!
Watch out – this Date and Chikoo smoothie will fill you up so don’t think of pairing it with a heavy breakfast! One more thing – normally I would call this drink a milkshake but here’s what I found out ice-cream is a primary ingredient for milkshakes whereas for smoothies it is fruits.
Looking for more smoothie ideas that your family will love? Here are my top picks –
- Kesar Pista Smoothie (Saffron Pistachios smoothie) – This smoothie combines saffron (kesar), pistachios (pista), with banana, cardamom, and milk to create a delicious and nutrient-rich drink that’s perfect for kids and as a post-workout drink.
- Papaya Mango Smoothie – This smoothie is loaded with vitamins and antioxidants and is the perfect way to start your day or recharge your body after an intense workout.
- Banana Nutella Smoothie – Your kids will love this delicious Banana Nutella Smoothie Recipe – a healthy-ish drink made from bananas and milk with a hint of Nutella and hot cocoa.
- Dry fruit smoothie – This smoothie is a great way to combine nutritious milk and dry fruits to create a wholesome meal for any time of the day. Make one today!
- Chocolate almond smoothie – This smoothie combines the goodness of bananas with nutrient-rich almonds and dates with a hint of cocoa to make this delectable smoothie.
- Strawberry banana smoothie – This delicious 4-ingredient gluten-free strawberry banana smoothie is perfect for busy families. Make it for breakfast or as an after-school snack – all you need is 5 minutes.
- This coffee walnut smoothie is the perfect solution for when you are debating between having coffee in the morning or chugging down a healthy smoothie.
- Apple smoothie is a delicious way to start your day with the goodness of milk and apples and with no added sugar. It is ready in less than 5 minutes – now you have no reason to skip breakfast.
Got a new Instant Pot? Check out the links below to make the most of your pressure cooker -
Date and Chikoo Smoothie Recipe
- ½ cup chikoos, sapota, sliced (if using fresh)
- ½ cup dates
- 1 -1/2 cups milk
- ¼ cup ice cubes
- Blend all the ingredients in a blender until the smoothie is of a consistency that you desire. Alternatively, if you are using the Blendtec blender, run the smoothie cycle twice to get a well-blended smoothie!
Disclosure: This recipe contains affiliate links to products we love and recommend. As an affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Disclaimer: Approximate Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and can vary depending on the exact ingredients/brands used. If you have health issues, please work with a registered dietician or nutritionist.