Dry fruit smoothie is a great way to combine nutritious milk and dry fruits to create a wholesome meal for any time of the day. Make one today!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser The National Milk Life Campaign. All opinions are mine alone.#MyMilkMyWay #CollectiveBias
What if you could give your kids a nutrient-rich, delicious, farm-fresh beverage with natural protein and no sugar added – all for about a quarter per serving? Surprise – it’s something that’s likely already in your fridge – white milk!
Those of you regularly following my blog, probably know how obsessed we are with smoothies. Not only do we drink smoothies in the morning, but, we often consume it as a part of our afterschool snack routine as well.
We love our smoothies because it is made with milk and my kids will drink anything that has milk in it. Maybe they get that from me – when I was a kid, there was never a day that passed by that I didn’t consume milk.
Occasionally when we were too rushed to have breakfast, mom wouldn’t let us leave the house until we had our glass of milk. Irrespective of whether we ate out or at home, we had to drink a glass of warm milk before bed. We pretty much started and ended our day with milk :).
As I moved out, got married and had kids, the habit of drinking milk stayed with me and I passed it on to my kids. Because just like my mom I know that milk is a simple way to get natural, high-quality protein plus other nutrients into our diet. And if you have kids who already love milk, a smoothie like dry fruit smoothie is a great way to introduce more fruits and dry fruits in their diet. When combined with milk, smoothies create a wholesome meal for any time of the day.
Looking for more smoothie ideas that your family will love? Here are my top picks –
- Kesar Pista Smoothie (Saffron Pistachios smoothie) – This smoothie combines saffron (kesar), pistachios (pista), with banana, cardamom, and milk to create a delicious and nutrient-rich drink that’s perfect for kids and as a post-workout drink.
- Papaya Mango Smoothie – This smoothie is loaded with vitamins and antioxidants and is the perfect way to start your day or recharge your body after an intense workout.
- Apple smoothie is a delicious way to start your day with the goodness of milk and apples and with no added sugar. It is ready in less than 5 minutes – now you have no reason to skip breakfast.
- Banana Nutella Smoothie – Your kids will love this delicious Banana Nutella Smoothie Recipe – a healthy-ish drink made from bananas and milk with a hint of Nutella and hot cocoa.
- Chocolate almond smoothie – This smoothie combines the goodness of bananas with nutrient-rich almonds and dates with a hint of cocoa to make this delectable smoothie.
- Strawberry banana smoothie – This delicious 4-ingredient gluten-free strawberry banana smoothie is perfect for busy families. Make it for breakfast or as an after-school snack – all you need is 5 minutes.
- This coffee walnut smoothie is the perfect solution for when you are debating between having coffee in the morning or chugging down a healthy smoothie.
- Chickoo (sapota) smoothie – This nutritious blended drink made from Date and Chikoo (Sapota) is a great treat for any time of the day – be it an after-school snack or a post-workout drink.
Dry fruit smoothie
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 banana, sliced into bite-sized chunks
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped dates
- 1/4 cup unsalted cashews
- 1/4 cup unsalted almonds
- Add all the ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth. Serve immediately for a best tasting smoothie.
Disclaimer: Approximate Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and can vary depending on the exact ingredients/brands used. If you have health issues, please work with a registered dietician or nutritionist.
Did you know that kids these days aren’t drinking enough milk?
This is particularly concerning because they aren’t getting enough of milk’s nutrients, like calcium, potassium and vitamin D that they need to grow. The fact is, milk’s nutrients are hard to replace. It’s difficult to get enough of nutrients you need without milk in your diet, and decades of research and hundreds of studies support the benefits of drinking milk.
So please make sure you include milk in your next shopping trip.