Easy Instant Pot Recipes for Beginners
Note: This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Just got your Instant Pot? Check out these easy Instant Pot recipes that are perfect for beginners. These recipes will help you get comfortable with your device and get you experimenting in the kitchen in no time.
I’ll be the first to admit that Instant Pot can be overwhelming especially if you have been using a stovetop pressure cooker all your life. My Instant Pot sat on the kitchen counter for nearly 6 months gathering dust before my husband’s constant reminders pushed me to use it.
It has been over two years since and I am happy to share that I have used my Instant Pot over 1000 times! It has been an indispensable device in my kitchen and I am hoping that it will be the same for you.
Before you start cooking, here are a few articles I would recommend that you read so that you can follow the recipes easily.
- Instant Pot Quick Start Guide – This post will guide you through the Instant Pot setup and teach you how to make the most of your Instant Pot.
- Instant Pot Manual: How and when to use the smart functions – If you find the buttons confusing, start here. This post gives you an in-depth overview of how to use the smart functions.
One last thing, have you done your water test? If not, follow the directions in this post – How to do a water test in your Instant Pot. It is important to do your water test before you start cooking because –
- Doing a water test is like sanitizing your Instant Pot, it is a good first step to clean your Instant Pot before cooking.
- If your Instant Pot has an issue, you will catch it early on.
- It helps you get your feet wet, it is a good way to familiarize yourself with the Instant Pot.
Alright, let’s get to the recipes. Here’s the sequence of recipes I would follow if I were to teach someone how to start cooking in an Instant Pot.
Here are some more articles related to Instant Pot that will help you master pressure cooking –
- Instant Pot Terminology – Getting confused with Instant Pot lingo? Check out this quick guide to the most commonly used terminology and acronyms that’ll get you started in no time!
- Troubleshooting Instant Pot – Quick fixes for when your Instant Pot is not sealing, leaking steam, and just won’t turn on. Learn how to tackle the error codes and burn messages and troubleshoot the most commonly occurring Instant Pot issues quickly so that you can get back to making your meal.
- Instant Pot cooking times – No more guessing! Get these helpful Instant Pot cheat sheets for cooking times for vegetables, pulses, rice, and grains, along with poultry and seafood.
- Instant Pot Accessories – The 10 most recommended accessories for Instant Pot. A word of advice – don’t rush to get them all; buy as needed.
- Instant Pot Cookbooks – Here’s a collection of my most recommended cookbooks for all kinds of diet and cooks of all levels.
Very inspiring!! My instant pot has also been sitting on the counter for the last six months, giving me guilt pangs everytime I look at it. Your recipes make it sound very easy to use… Thanks
Thanks, Gitanjali! Good luck with your Instant Pot. I hope you are able to make full use of your investment!