My eight-year-old is home for summer and she loves to try her hand at cooking. We read about this recipe ages ago and she was delighted when I told her that we were going to make Frozen Chocolate Banana Bites. They were very easy to make and I never knew that frozen bananas tasted so good! Here’s the recipe – enjoy making it with your little one or for your little one.
Frozen Chocolate Banana Bites
- 2 bananas, peeled (NOT over-ripe)
- 2 cups semi-sweet or milk chocolate morsels
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Toppings, optional - sprinkles, coconut, chopped nuts etc.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper.
- Cut the peeled banana into the desired size. Insert the toothpick in each of the cut slices and freeze them for an hour.
- Mix the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwaveable bowl and heat in a microwave for 15 seconds. Remove the bowl from the microwave and stir well.
- Continue to heat the bowl in 15-second increments and mix well, till the chocolate is completely melted.
- Remove the banana slices from the freezer.
- Using the toothpick, completely coat the banana slices with the chocolate and set it on the parchment paper.
- Sprinkle the toppings immediately before the chocolate sets in. Repeat the process with the remaining slices.
- Transfer the banana bites into the freezer, if not consuming immediately.
Disclaimer: Approximate Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and can vary depending on the exact ingredients/brands used. If you have health issues, please work with a registered dietician or nutritionist.