Note: This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
If your foodie friends enjoy their time in the kitchen, get them a kitchen tool that is unique, functional, and most of all, thoughtful. Check out these hand-picked gift ideas and give them a gift that they’ll cherish for years to come.
NOTE – Some of the links here are affiliate links, which means that I may earn a commission if you click on the link or make a purchase using the link.
Buying a gift for people who like to cook can be tough for a few reasons – because they may already have what they need or they could be very picky when it comes to tools they use in the kitchen.
Here’s a list of some cool new kitchen finds that I came across this year and some trusted companions I have had for years – I am sure you’ll find at least a couple of gift ideas that are unique just like the person you are gifting.
Kitchen gadgets that make cool gifts
- Electric Spiralizer from Bella – This is no ordinary spiralizer, it is an electric one. Makes spiralizing effortless :-).
- Ceramic kettle – Yet another Bella product that is both gorgeous and functional. It boils water faster than a microwave and auto shuts off when done. Perfect for tea-lovers in your house. It also comes with a detachable base that allows you to easily transport it from your countertop to a coffee table.
- Vitaclay chef slow cooker and yogurt maker – This Vitaclay multicooker is a dream come true for anyone who knows how flavorful food turns out when cooked in clay pots. I make chicken biryani in the Vitaclay and it tasted as if it was slow cooked for hours like any traditionally cooked biryani! A must-have kitchen electronic item for those who savor and crave food traditionally cooked in clay pots.
- Peeler set – This set of peelers from Joseph Joseph is super functional. It has a straight peeler for everyday use, a serrated one for soft-skinned fruit, and a Y-shaped julienne peeler.
- Phillips Air-fryer – Phillips air-fryer does a lot more than just air fry. It also grills, bakes, and roasts. Get crispy fries without deep frying. Cheers to good health!
Looking to upgrade your kitchen gadgets? Here are my favorites
- Wusthof knife – Every budding chef’s dream is to have a quality knife in their arsenal and this 6-inch all-purpose Chef’s knife does any job well. It is very comfortable to hold and makes chopping feel less of a chore.
- Instant Pot Duo Evo Plus – If your loved one already owns a DUO and has been looking for another Instant Pot, then gift her DUO Evo Plus. With 20+ enhancements, it is the fastest in the class, the easiest to use for new users, and the most customizable for experienced Instant Pot owners
- Waffle maker – This waffle maker with ceramic copper titanium coating makes waffles 30% faster than standard non-stick coatings. Yay! to less time in the kitchen.
- Blendtec – I will be lost without my Blendtec. From idli batters to banana bread, I use my blender for everything. If you know someone who needs a powerful blender then Blendtec is the way to go.
- Le Creuset – Which cook doesn’t want a Le Creuset dutch oven in their kitchen? These beauties are perfect for slow cooking, simmering soups and stews, and baking everything from side dishes to bread. Have you seen their new color –Provence? It is gorgeous!
For home cooks who love to organize
Here are my top picks for the best and uber functional kitchen organization products.
- DrawerStore – What’s cool about this drawer organizer is that it combines two drawers into one to allow you to store more cutlery and knives.
- Podium – I love this storage solution for dried food. They neatly stack on each other, look great on the countertop that lets you access each container with ease.
- Door Store Knives – The Index™ with knives set includes four color-coded cutting boards with four corresponding knives to help reduce cross-contamination and make food preparation even easier.
- Food Container Lid Organizer – no more missing lids! Stack all your container lids neatly in this organizer and never lose them again.
- Kitchen Wrap Box Organizer – Consolidate your clunky foil, wrap and bag boxes by storing them in a vertical fashion. The WrapStand’s unique design allows access to all your boxes while keeping them neat and tidy in one place.
- RollOut Caddy Under Sink Organizer – These removable, adjustable dividers allow you to create the perfect size compartments for all your bottles, sponges, and supplies.
- BottleStand Travel Mug And Water Bottle – Keeps water bottles and Travel mugs organized horizontally (cabinet) or vertically (deep drawer) for best fit.
Do you have a list of items that you absolutely love? Please share them with us by posting them in the comments.
Looking for more gift ideas? Check out the ones below
- STEM gifts for kids that spark joy (and creativity)– For kids who love STEM, this list of fun and educational toys will not disappoint. We have gift ideas for kids aged 5-15 and all are under $50.
- Fun and Thoughtful Gift Ideas for Women – Buying gifts for women is hard especially for someone who has everything. Here are some fun and thoughtful gift ideas for the special women in your life, be it your wife, mom, or best friend.
- For the Instant Pot lovers – Here’s a list of Instant Pot accessories and cookbooks for the Instant Pot fans in your family.
This post was last published on 1st May 2018 and has been updated with new content and pictures on Dec 18th, 2020.