Note: This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This aromatic and delicious laddoo is a perfect after-school snack for kids! Learn how to make this sweet treat in less than 30 minutes.
My kids love to chomp down biscuits/cookies for the evening snack. While that is an only indulgence or junk food that they are allowed, I was still not happy about it and started to look for alternatives and that’s when mom suggested making laddoos!
I know they loved the Rava laddoos I made a few months ago, so I decided to experiment a little and try another type – Godi laddoo or Wheat laddoo. These laddoos are made out of 3 key ingredients – wheat, ghee, and sugar and you can make them in less than 30 minutes. This was my first time making them and I thought they came out pretty well. My little one agreed as well and confirmed by eating 2 laddoos without waiting for them to cool down and then asked for more :).
Got a new Instant Pot? Check out the links below to make the most of your pressure cooker -
Godi laddoo / Wheat laddoo
- Heat ghee in a non-stick pan at medium heat.
- Add the wheat flour and toast it till it darkens and becomes fragrant (~7-8 minutes).
- Add the sugar and cardamom powder, mix well and remove it from heat.
- Allow the mixture to cool down slightly.
- Shape them into laddoos or balls and set them aside on a plate to dry. If the laddoos are not shaping well or crumbling, grease your palms with ghee.
- Air-dry the laddoos and store them in an airtight container
Disclaimer: Approximate nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and can vary depending on the exact ingredients/brands used. If you have health issues, please work with a registered dietician or nutritionist.