My kids love to chomp down biscuits/cookies for the evening snack. While that is an only indulgence or junk food that they are allowed, I was still not happy about it and started to look for alternatives and that’s when mom suggested making laddoos! I know they loved the Rava laddoos I made a few months ago, so I decided to experiment a little and try another type – Godi laddoo or Wheat laddoo. These laddoos are made out of 3 key ingredients – wheat, ghee and sugar and you can make them in less than 30 minutes. This was my first time making them and I thought they came out pretty well. My little one agreed as well and confirmed by eating 2 laddoos without waiting for them to cool down and then asked for more :).
Godi laddoo / Wheat laddoo
- 1 cup wheat flour, atta
- 3/4 cup ghee
- 3/4 cup sugar, powdered (powder them in a grinder)
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- Heat ghee in a non-stick pan at medium heat. Add the wheat flour and toast it till it darkens and becomes fragrant (~7-8 minutes). Add the sugar and cardamom powder, mix well and remove it from heat.
- Allow the mixture to cool down slightly. Shape them into laddoos or balls and set them aside on a plate to dry. If the laddoos are not shaping well or crumbling, grease your palms with ghee.
- Air dry the laddoos and store them in an airtight container
Approximate Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and can vary depending on the exact ingredients/brands used. I am not a registered dietician or nutritionist.