Note: This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Hare Tamatar Ki Sabzi – a sweet and tangy dish with green tomatoes as its base. Enjoy it warm with rotis or rice!
We had tons of tomatoes growing in our garden. Unfortunately, before they could ripen, they would get eaten up by slugs (I think). So with this batch, I decided to just pluck them raw and let it ripen on the counter. Meanwhile, a friend suggested making Hare Tamatar Ki Sabzi using these raw tomatoes. I followed her recipe and in my opinion, the dish came out really well – spicy and tangy. The good thing about this recipe is you can easily substitute raw or green tomatoes with either apples or mangoes with similar results. Enjoy with some warm rotis!
Hare Tamatar Ki Sabzi (Green tomatoes in gravy)
- Heat oil in a wok or kadhai on medium heat. Add mustard seeds and when they begin spluttering, add methi seeds and garlic. Fry them for 10-15 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes followed by the cumin, coriander and chili powders and salt and mix well.
- Cover for 5 minutes and then open the lid and add jaggery and mix well.
- Reduce the heat to low and cover the wok and let it cook for 5 minutes. Stir again.
- Uncover the lid and continue to cook for another 5 minutes. At this point, the tomatoes have softened and the gravy is ready to be served with warm rotis.
Disclosure: This recipe contains affiliate links to products we love and recommend. As an affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Disclaimer: Approximate Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and can vary depending on the exact ingredients/brands used. If you have health issues, please work with a registered dietician or nutritionist.