Note: This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Instant Pot hard-boiled eggs – Once you make hard-boiled eggs in an Instant Pot, you’ll never go back to your old ways. The eggs not only cook in 5 minutes, but they are also super easy to peel and you get perfect eggs every time!
Making hard boiled eggs over the stove top can be a struggle sometimes. Overcook it and you’ll end up with a gray-green yolk or undercook it and end up with a jelly-like yolk. And the peeling process.. don’t even get me started on that. Experts say that old eggs peel better, but who has the time to check the freshness of eggs before deciding to use them?
Enter Instant pot and welcome to the world of perfectly boiled eggs. The ones that peel so easily that the eggs literally slide off the shells and are dent-free. When it comes to food, looks are definitely important :-).
How to make hard-boiled eggs in Instant Pot?
You’ll probably hear folks saying that they follow the 5-5-5 formula to make Instant Pot hard-boiled eggs. Let me explain what that means.
You pressure cook the eggs for 5 minutes under high pressure, wait for another 5 minutes before doing a quick release, and then place the eggs in an ice bowl for another 5 minutes before peeling them. There are few people who follow 6-6-6 formula, which means instead of pressure cooking for 5 minutes, you would do it for 6 and similarly do the rest of the activities for 6 minutes.
To make hard-boiled eggs in an Instant Pot, you need the following things –
- An Instant Pot (DUO is what I have).
- The trivet that comes with Instant Pot or a steamer basket or stackable egg steam rack
– Instant Pot pressure cooker review – Do you really need one?
– 10 things to know before using your Instant Pot
– All you need to know about your Instant Pot
Don’t have an Instant Pot? Try making Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs.
Other recipes for you to try on your Instant Pot
- Indian Chickpeas curry (Chole)
- Dal fry
- Kidney beans curry (Rajma)
- How to make yogurt in Instant Pot
- How to ferment Idli batter in Instant Pot
Before you leave, do follow me on Pinterest and pin this recipe to your board to make it in the future.
Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
- 6 eggs, straight out of the fridge
- 1 cup water
- a bowl of water with ice cubes
- Add water in the steel insert of the Instant Pot. Place the trivet inside the steel insert and carefully place the eggs.
- Close the lid and select pressure cook and set the pressure to high. Adjust the time until it reads 5 minutes. Set the vent at sealing position.
- Once the cooking is done, wait for 5 minutes before carefully releasing pressure. Open the Instant Pot and take the eggs out and place them in an ice-bath. Leave them in for 5 minutes before starting to peel them. Tip – Always start by cracking the bottom of the egg, it makes it easier to peel.
Disclosure: This recipe contains affiliate links to products we love and recommend. As an affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Disclaimer: Approximate Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and can vary depending on the exact ingredients/brands used. If you have health issues, please work with a registered dietician or nutritionist.
Affiliate Disclosure: I am grateful to be of service and bring you content free of charge. To do this, some of the links on this post are affiliate links, which means that I may earn a commission (at no cost to you) if you click on the link or make a purchase using the link. I only recommend products that I use and love myself, so I know you’ll be in good hands. Your support in purchasing through these links goes towards maintaining this website. Thank you!