This creamy and delicious Mango banana smoothie takes less than 10 minutes to make! While this recipe uses dairy, you can easily make a plant-based version by using coconut milk. Tastes great with frozen mangoes too!
Waking up to this delicious Mango banana smoothie is like having dessert for breakfast. You can have this tropical delight in the afternoon as well – it is filling and will keep you from snacking mindlessly.
What we love about this recipe
- Takes less than 10 minutes.
- It is a delicious take on Mango lassi and it is loaded with the goodness of banana, which is a good source of potassium.
- It is a perfect breakfast smoothie and makes for a great after-school snack too.
- No sugar added – it’s sweetened by honey.
- When mangoes are not in season, you can substitute with frozen mangoes.
This recipe calls for 5 ingredients – mango, bananas, milk, honey, and powdered green cardamom seeds (use only if you are a fan of this aromatic spice like I am)
Which kind of mango is best for this smoothie?
For smoothies, I prefer mangoes that are sweet and non-fibrous. If you are in India, Alphonso, or Kesar would be a good choice. For those in the US, buy either Ataulfo, Kent, or Keitt.
Can we use store-bought mango pulp for this recipe?
You could, but I would suggest you get unsweetened mango pulp so that you can control the amount of sugar used in the recipe. One cup of mango pulp should be sufficient for this recipe.
Looking for more smoothie ideas that your family will love? Here are my top picks –
- Dry fruit smoothie is a great way to combine nutritious milk and dry fruits to create a wholesome meal for any time of the day. Make one today!
- Banana Nutella Smoothie – Your kids will love this delicious Banana Nutella Smoothie Recipe – a healthy-ish drink made from bananas and milk with a hint of Nutella and hot cocoa.
- Strawberry banana smoothie – This delicious 4-ingredient gluten-free strawberry banana smoothie is perfect for busy families. Make it for breakfast or as an after-school snack – all you need is 5 minutes.
- Chickoo (sapota) smoothie – This nutritious blended drink made from Date and Chikoo (Sapota) is a great treat for any time of the day – be it an after-school snack or a post-workout drink.
- Creamy Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie – Need a quick pick me up? Try this creamy and delicious, milkshake-like peanut butter and banana smoothie. With no added sugar enjoy this nourishing smoothie guilt-free!
Mango Banana Smoothie Recipe
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups chopped mangoes or 1 whole mango, chopped
- 1 banana, chopped
- ½ teaspoon powdered green cardamom seeds (elaichi) optional
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Start with adding milk (or liquid of your choice) in the blender.
- Add chopped mangoes, bananas, cardamom (if using) and honey.
- Blend until smooth.
- Like it thicker? Add 2 bananas instead of one.
- For extra creaminess, use frozen bananas.
- Feel free to substitute fresh mangoes with frozen.
- Milk can be substituted with Greek yogurt in an equal amount. You might have to increase the amount of honey to combat the tartness.
- To make this fruit smoothie dairy-free replace milk with coconut milk or almond milk.
- Other ways to vary this recipe would be to add a cup of strawberries or about 1 cup spinach to make it a delicious green smoothie.
Disclosure: This recipe contains affiliate links to products we love and recommend. As an affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Disclaimer: Approximate Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and can vary depending on the exact ingredients/brands used. If you have health issues, please work with a registered dietician or nutritionist.