Undoubtedly, the best ice-cream I have had is from a store called Naturals. I love their fruit flavored ice-creams..While Sitafal is my favorite, Mango ice-cream comes a close second. After, I was successfully able to make Vanilla ice-cream at home, I was attempted the fruit flavored ones. I started off with Chiku or Sapota but they didn’t come out so well.. so I waited a while before I tried again and this time I tried Mango ice-cream since we had abundance of Mangoes at home.. I followed the same recipe as the Vanilla ice-cream and added pureed mangoes to that base and voila.. and you get Mango -Ice cream. This recipe is great for pot-lucks as well. Pour the ice-creams into plastic cups and you have your ice-cream ready to go.
- 1 pint or 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 can, 14 ounces condensed milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 cups mango puree, ~ made from 4 mangoes
- Sugar as needed, if mango puree is not sweet enough
- 2 tablespoons mango chopped, into small bits (optional)
- Whisk together all 3 ingredients in a stand-in mixer or a hand held mixer for 6-8 minutes till the mixture is thick and creamy.(The mixture should NOT be runny).
- Add the mango puree, sugar (if using) and chopped mango mixture (if using) to the ice-cream mixture and gently blend it in with a spoon till well combined.
- Transfer to an airtight freezer container and freeze the ice cream mixture for 6-8 hours
- Let the ice cream sit on the counter top for 2 -3 minutes before serving.
Disclaimer: Approximate Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and can vary depending on the exact ingredients/brands used. If you have health issues, please work with a registered dietician or nutritionist.