Make this melt-in-your-mouth fudge in your microwave in just a minute. Refrigerate to set and you’ll have a decadent dessert ready in no time.
This microwave fudge is crazy good. It is one of those desserts that you would want to eat curled up on your couch with a big glass of milk. Made by combining chocolate chips, creamy condensed milk, and crushed nuts, this decadent dessert recipe comes together in a cinch.
All you need is 5 minutes and an hour to set and this dessert is ready sooner than your load of laundry.
A simple microwave fudge recipe requires only two key ingredients – chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk. The rest of the ingredients such as cocoa powder, vanilla extract, and chopped nuts are optional.
The recipe is pretty straightforward – you mix condensed milk and chocolate chips in a bowl. Microwave it for a minute and then mix well for about 10-15 seconds. If chocolate chips have not completely melted then microwave it for 10 more seconds. Mix again.
The last step is to mix in the add-ons such as chopped nuts and vanilla extract. To set, refrigerate it for an hour.
- A mixture of chopped nuts such as almonds, cashews, pistachios, etc. I have used only almonds in my recipe.
- You could also add about two tablespoons of hazelnut butter or peanut butter.
Note: Add all the toppings only after the chocolate chips have completely melted in the condensed milk.
What you’ll love about this recipe
- Takes less than 5 minutes of hands-on time.
- You can easily double or triple the recipe – making it an easy dessert to take to potlucks.
- Easy enough for your kids to make on their own.
- Makes for a great gift too during Diwali, Christmas, or any festive occasion.
Looking for additional desserts to quickly satisfy your sweet cravings? Here are a few additional desserts you can quickly make for any occasion!
- Instant Pot Brownie Cake– This decadent and unique brownie cake blends in a blender and cooks to perfection in your instant pot or pressure cooker.
- 15-Minute Tiramisu without Raw Eggs– Quickly whip up and enjoy this raw egg free tiramisu recipe in just 15 minutes. With no eggs or alcohol, this recipe can be enjoyed by every one any time of the year!
- Instant Chocolate Cake – A dense and chocolatey cake you can quickly make with your microwave, a whisk, and just a few ingredients.
- 5-Minute Gooey Chocolate Mug Cake – Satisfy your cake cravings with this quick and delicious 5-minute chocolate mug cake recipe. Quickly cook a moist and indulgent cake in under 5 minutes with a mug and your microwave!
- Indian Fruit Custard – This Indian fruit custard recipe combines seasonal fruits with sweet creamy custard sauce to make this delectable dessert that is perfect for a crowd.
Microwave Fudge Recipe
- Add condensed milk and chocolate chips to a microwave-safe bowl.
- Put the bowl in the microwave and heat it for a minute.
- Stir the chocolate until it is smooth, shiny, and completely melted. If the chocolate chips are not completely melted, microwave for 10 more seconds and stir it again.
- Add vanilla extract and cocoa powder (if using) to the mixture. Mix well.
- Add about 1/4 cup of chopped nuts and mix well. Reserve the other 1/4th cup for garnishing.
- Spread the mixture in a loaf pan lined with parchment paper. Add the remaining chopped nuts evenly on top of the mixture and gently press them in using the back of the spoon.
- Refrigerate for an hour and then cut into squares.
- Using unsweetened cocoa powder is optional but I like to add it to make it more chocolatey.
- I prefer using semi-sweet chocolate chips in the recipe and it brings amount the right amount of sweetness in this recipe when combined with condensed milk.
- You can also use dark chocolate chips or do a mix of dark and milk chocolate chips. I would avoid using only milk chocolate morsels because that would make the recipe really sweet.
This recipe was originally published on August 10, 2014, and the recipe and photos were updated on August 11th, 2020.